• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you like private beaches?

I won't accept a map without a small private beach. It's a good place to grow coconut and banana trees (one each) and the rarest hybrids. I bury one pitfall and may line the shore with coral. It's nice when the entire area is visible from a cliff.

I love the private beach. Some are tiny and other are bigger. It's the best place to bury the pitfall and fossils so they don't show up in town. My museum is complete and I don't need the bells from the fossils. There are no trees on the private island. It keeps the villagers from hiding there during hide n seek. When I need to go to the beach I jump of the cliff and it's right there. Water my hybrids and than leave.

Saw a dream suites large private beach and wished I had one. Lots of space of hybrid breeding.

I won't accept a map without a small private beach. It's a good place to grow coconut and banana trees (one each) and the rarest hybrids. I bury one pitfall and may line the shore with coral. It's nice when the entire area is visible from a cliff.

My villagers keep spawning there, so using it to grow hybrids won't protect them from villager flower dumps.

My villagers keep spawning there, so using it to grow hybrids won't protect them from villager flower dumps.

I rarely visit my "mini-beaches" so I've never run into a villager on one of them. I don't try to breed hybrids there, they spawn naturally/accidentally elsewhere. It's one of those "oh, that's different, I'll pick you up and store you until I put in some local wetsuit time" kind of deals. Not being too attached to *anything* in this game, what the other varmints do isn't going to upset me.

Not personally! It's just a pain in the butt piece of land. People visiting your town can visit it too, so how private can it be? :p

Private beach - some of my towns have them, some don't. One has a large one - which I suppose I could use for hybrid breeding. Currently its got palms & stores fruit baskets. (not after PTS). Means I have less main beach - not sure that is a good thing.
Yes villagers can go there & use it for hide & seek, albeit its rare.
I don't chose a town layout on whether it has a private beach or not, on the whole its a bit of an annoyance.
Sadly I've never had luck with breeding hybrids on beaches, so only store spare flowers there (which could breed but don't). None on the private beach, I'd forget to water.

They're meh

I've never had one, but I kind of want one. I like the idea of it. haha

Depends on how big the private beaches are. One of my friends I used to play with had a small section that was maybe like one map square long. It just didn't look great. Now if it was bigger and didn't feel so confined, that would be awesome. You could create it into a little oasis.

i like the idea of them but they're kind of useless. i never use mine, but i think it would be cool if i was able to place a pwp there (without hacking). even then, i probably wouldn't ever go to it.

I'd love to be able to place something like a deck chair or the hammock, just to make it look like a nice place to relax.

I don't enjoy them. I like being able to breed flowers on the beach, so always having to put on a wetsuit in order to access part of the beach would be a huge pain, in my opinion. A couple of my towns have really small private beaches, so I just ignore them.

In theory, I think they're cute-- because it's a small little beach separate from the main part, so you can do your own thing with it. Honestly though, it's a bit small to do much of anything with, and for the most part, I pretend it doesn't exist--not because I don't like it, I just never have a reason or interest in going over too it cx

Last edited:
I use the private beach to bury the pitfall seed so it won't spawn again :) And of course, covering it with flowers.

I'd love to be able to place something like a deck chair or the hammock, just to make it look like a nice place to relax.
I've seen photos of what some players have done - ie they make a towel pattern (2 or 4 squares) & place that on the beach.
I think I've seen more elaborate stuff than that on beaches (I still mean patterns).
Thinking about it - can you place patterns on the beach - hope I'm not seeing hacked photos. I've never actually tried.

I don't really like private beaches. I'm too lazy to swim over there. I'd rather just have walking access to my beaches. I had a private beach in a horror town I was attempting to make. I dug buried fossils and stuff so that it's visible from the cliff. Other than that, I never visited it again. If I remember correctly, none of the two towns I play have private beaches.

I like them! But only if they're really small and don't take up a lot of the main, accessible beach. Even though I'll probably never go there, there's just something about having a more desolate part of the beach. I'd like it more if you could do more things w/ the beach, like PWPs adn so on.

Eh, neutral I guess. I mean if I get one with a workable map then I don't mind, but it's not that I really want it much or anything.

I have a very small private beach in my town and I just planted some trees, flowers, and added a towel qr. It's cute but I won't be visiting it often because I don't go diving very much. Before I found out about wet suits and being able to access private beaches, I used to think any town that had something like that was hacked lol. XD

In my new town I have one of these famous private little beach, and I find it cute. I will decorate it with some cute towels and a few sleeping seals pattern xD it’s funny. The fact that villagers can spawn there makes me think they also own a wetsuit :p

In my new town I have one of these famous private little beach, and I find it cute. I will decorate it with some cute towels and a few sleeping seals pattern xD it?s funny. The fact that villagers can spawn there makes me think they also own a wetsuit :p

They?re self conscious about wearing swim suits ;)

Back