• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you like private beaches?

I think they are a waste of space.

For one, villagers can spawn there, like my Rooney did.
Secondly, they are so small, you can barely fit a palm tree on them.

Give me one really long beach!

Last edited:
I love them, while map hunting once, I found a private beach that was bigger than the real beach! Too bad the map wasn't great.

I think it depends on the type of map. I personally don’t care for them. I like my accessible beaches, haha. :p

Two of my towns have a tiny private beach which affords a long, continuous accessible beach, which is the kind of beach I like; so I guess they're ok because of that. But in and of themselves, I don't have much use for them and trying to access them is a pain.

I think they're interesting, at least, sometimes kinda useful. I have a private beach and I like to go there to release any unwanted catches while I'm diving instead of going back to my main beach sometimes.

It's kinda funny that villagers can spawn there. It literally makes no sense how they'd get there. I've yet to see anyone there though..

It's a bit of a hassle to access them, but I find them really cute to have. I have a tiny one and I wish I could put Isabelle there so she can relax for once :(

I love them! They're fun to decorate. I mainly decorate them for dream visitors, if someone happens to go there they get an extra present (balloon, coffee, etc) and sometimes I put fun patterns there that aren't in town anywhere else. They can be a pain to get to yeah and I don't like that villagers can spawn there but I still like them regardless.

i love them. i think they?re cute, lol. i love to fish on mine. it?s nicely decorated with my favourite flowers and it feels like my own secret place :)

In two of my towns I have a private beach. In my main town (Vista) I used to store some flowers on it but not anymore, now it's just empty.
In my other town, Moonview...I put some flowers there and something else.

My villagers barely be on them, think goodness.

I don?t really like them. I feel like I would never go to them if I had one in my town since I?m a very lazy person. If I saw it in a dream I also would not go to them.

I bearly ever use my wetsuit and it?s a pain changing clothes.

Private beaches are a bit of a mixed bag for me. On one hand, I like the concept and they can look nice. On the other, I never ended up going for a private beach in any of my towns because in the short term, when first making a town, I always felt that it would be too restricting until I could acquire a wetsuit. It would have to be a good enough town layout and an aesthetically pleasing enough strip of private beach for it to be worth it as far as I'm concerned.

yeah! i think it'd be cool to put something special there for dream visitors to find

I'm not a big fan of them as I hardly ever go on them.

I also dislike having 2 separate beaches as it annoys me when I go fishing and have to keep switching in order to find the fish I want.

Yes I love private beaches! It feels exclusive, secluded, and they're a good place to hide fun little extras. My town doesn't have one unfortunately

- - - Post Merge - - -

In two of my towns I have a private beach. In my main town (Vista) I used to store some flowers on it but not anymore, now it's just empty.
In my other town, Moonview...I put some flowers there and something else.

My villagers barely be on them, think goodness.

Your villagers can be on the private beach?! How did they get there :thonking:

Also, we have the same town name :p

I actually hacked mine, so there's a small island completely separate of the town you can swim to. It's neat.

i like the idea of them but they're kind of useless. i never use mine, but i think it would be cool if i was able to place a pwp there (without hacking). even then, i probably wouldn't ever go to it.

Back