• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I wish we could return eshop games or more demos

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Like up to games of $20, and only if there's less than an hour or whatever playtime for at least half of what you paid.
If I could return games, I'd have about $75 since I bought my 3ds in 2013.
I know they have to make money but seriously, they can put a cap at $15, anything under that price can be returned if you don't like it in about an hour; you can usually tell if you won't like the game or not in a few minutes.
Or more demos, if I had demos for some of the more expensive games I've bought, I wouldn't have bought them.
BTW if you want my opinion on Runbow Pocket, don't waste your money.

speedrunners
and noah fence but literally what eshop games under $20 ae actually good anyway

Nintendo (and every other company for that matter) won't let you return digital games, unless you live in a country that specifically states that consumers should be able to refund digital purchases. And as far as I know, USA and Canada aren't one of those countries.

In the recent years, demos are fewer and further between, since you could pretty much watch Let's Play videos and streams to tell whether you'll like the game or not. Some video game genres benefit more from demos than others, and there are even cases where they're so poorly executed that it fails to get the point said game wanted to achieve.

Runbow Pocket is by no means a bad game, but if you aren't attracted to the concept of blazing through simplistic stages in record time, then its single-player content won't hold your attention for long. It's worth noting that the Wii U version of it is the definitive version, since it doesn't suffer from screen crunch and adds the addictive 9-players local multiplayer to the mix.

and noah fence but literally what eshop games under $20 ae actually good anyway

What about games like Cave Story, Mega Man Legacy Collection, the 3D SEGA classic games, Pushmo, some Game Boy games, most SNES games, SteamWorld Dig, Gunman Clive 1 and 2, and Attack of the Friday Monsters? I could've listed way more, but the point is, there's plenty of games under $20 USD that are actually worth playing. Doing some research on these titles will help you figure out which might end up being in your alley.

Last edited:
Nintendo (and every other company for that matter) won't let you return digital games, unless you live in a country that specifically states that consumers should be able to refund digital purchases. And as far as I know, USA and Canada aren't one of those countries.

Steam, arguably the biggest digital gaming client, lets you return games if there's under an hour playtime on them and it's within 14 days of purchase. It's a great policy imo, since people will be more likely to actually buy digital games without fear of losing money on something they don't like.

In the recent years, demos are fewer and further between, since you could pretty much watch Let's Play videos and streams to tell whether you'll like the game or not. Some video game genres benefit more from demos than others, and there are even cases where they're so poorly executed that it fails to get the point said game wanted to achieve.

Runbow Pocket is by no means a bad game, but if you aren't attracted to the concept of blazing through simplistic stages in record time, then its single-player content won't hold your attention for long. It's worth noting that the Wii U version of it is the definitive version, since it doesn't suffer from screen crunch and adds the addictive 9-players local multiplayer to the mix.

I know they won't let us, and won't ever. I'm just wishing they would. I just watched all the video's for runbow again and they appear to be sped up form the speeds I'm playing at.
And true, not all genres would work, especially story games; my problem with Runbow Pocket is that the controls are sluggish (yes, I've calibrated) and the game it's self is just too slow for the gameplay they intend. But it's probably very much better in the wii u, like you said, Games usually don't translate well from big consoles to little ones. I'll have to get a Wii U. ^^ (lol, I'm too cheap for that. T-T)

- - - Post Merge - - -

But that's what I get for being impatient and buying digital that are over $10, (which I typically don't do) I need to just wait and get a physical copies of games I want so I can get rid of it if I don't like it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Steam, arguably the biggest digital gaming client, lets you return games if there's under an hour playtime on them and it's within 14 days of purchase. It's a great policy imo, since people will be more likely to actually buy digital games without fear of losing money on something they don't like.

I'm going to have to look into that, that sounds great! I have a gaming laptop, I might as well use it for something other than emulators. :p

It cost me $20 in data fees to download Monster Hunter demo's today.

Played them for five minutes, then deleted the rubbish!

Hm, I do wish they had more demos - at least demos for all the major retail games (like $30 CAD + ones). I wouldn't even care if they just chopped off the intro of games and made them into demos. I feel like there's a lot of effort (usually) that goes into the demos we do get, and I kind of feel like it's not really worth the time to make a demo-specific version of the game.

Nothing at the moment, I mean I haven't touched Pok?mon Silver from the VC much but eh it was just 10 bucks or whatever, although a bit waste since i don't have usum now anyways.

Although way back on different devices and account I bought so much rubbish including bravely default and random vc games.

I really wish that the demos were not so limited. As they stand I'm so worried that I'm not going to be able to finish the demo in the few uses you get, so I end up finishing the whole demo in one play session then it's boring.

It cost me $20 in data fees to download Monster Hunter demo's today.

Played them for five minutes, then deleted the rubbish!

Wow you must have some crap internet/phone deal/whatever.. no offense but uh..

It'd be nice to get a credit or something if you really dont like the game. But it's not much different than physical games. You can't return a game once it's beg opened. Gamestop will let you sell them, but you'll get maybe 7 bucks for a new release. But yeah, they should make it easier to return or exchange games. There's so many games I want to buy, but I'm not sure I'll like them, and 60 bucks is a lot to spend if you're iffy about it.

I think there is a law which actually gives you the right to get your money back within 14 days where I live. But there is no such feature for returning digital wares on the eShop so I think it would be quite a hassle to get a refund...

The not being able to sell games that you don't like is a large reason why I'm a lot pickier for digital games. I generally only buy them on sale at a good price. That way, even if it ends up being bad, I don't feel like I wasted much money.

I sometimes also watch some of a Let's Play on YouTube if I'm unsure about a game. I don't watch very much, maybe the first 30 minutes of a game max, so I don't see too many spoilers. But that can help you get a feel on if you might like it or not.

That would make sense and is a common standard in the gaming industry nowadays, but it's too forward-thinking and pro-consumer for Nintendo to implement. :lemon:

yea I had just about had it with no demos but I thought the return policy was like Apple ( 3 days or something L O N G) but no I should have known better. So YT I watch with LP's and such

They are not the only ones a couple of PC gaming sites like Bigfishgames have this policy. I mean it's not like we/I'm buying Terraria and don't like it :-/ (><)

And yea you can get some pretty good games for just under $5 ESPECIALLY if they go on sale ($_$) :p

Back