• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pressing the B button to speed up talking don't do nuthin'

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
You know how Isabelle says to press the B button to speed up talking, yeah that button doesn't do diddly squat diddle. It's there to make you THINK it's doing something. They are going to talk as slowly or as fast as they want and no button is going to rush them. So you have to sit and listen.

The B button is a placebo in this game.

Sorry, random thread. I've been looking at maps for 2 hours and watching One Piece so my brain is kind of fried.....

It works for some things, but for example, opening a fortune cookie. You can't speed the text up.
Other things too.

It's really annoying.

It never works because we pressed it so much that the B button broke. :p

Ugh I know right? I swear even with the B the text can feel sooo slow. Plus I press it so much with villagers I fear one day it will break ;; I also wish there was an auto-text option, like it scrolls through without you having to press anything. That would be so easier because if I have to listen to a smug talk about that annoying train dialogue one more time I swear..lmao

"Got no deeds to do, no promises to keep.
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you. All is groovy."

Simon and Garfunkel "The 59th Street Bridge Song"

God bless the B button when I do errands for my villagers

"Got no deeds to do, no promises to keep.
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you. All is groovy."

Simon and Garfunkel "The 59th Street Bridge Song"
Memories....

At least Kapp'n listens....even if he is there only one that notices the button pressing.

Aw I don't think I could ever do that to Kapp'n, his songs are lovely as well. But yes it least he listens.

Thanks to Marshal I can probably ‘recite’ every line of smug dialogue that exists in game.

He’s like the only villager I talk to I swear not even kidding. He gets me in this little ville. We gotta stick together.

He just sent me a letter today about starting a new life together and attached a train set as a present. He’s such a charmer.

Last edited:
You have to hold it down for it to work. Always felt pretty effective to me!

Back