• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

So I really want to delete my second character.

Bluebellie

Apple 🍎
Lychee 🍇
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Melancolia
Red Envelope
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
I just noticed I will loose all her museum exhibit though. WHat a bummer. I really like them and it’s going to take me forever to transfer museums to my other characters.

Edit: Also, can I work on museums while there’s people at My town?

Last edited:
Like actual bugs and things or items upstairs? If it's just items, you can take them all out as her, then set them out for the other you to grab.
I'm not sure out the creatures though.

Yeah if you're talking about all the stuff you can have on the 2nd floor, just store them on another player. Or just drop them on the ground.

No I was mainly wondering about the second floor. But now that you guys mention that...what happens to bugs I donated with second character?

They might still be there. I wouldn't know. I never deleted any alts (or collected stuff with them for that matter) Everything was always done on my mayor. I would say they'd still be there, but under donation it might be blank? That's a good question though.

Everything that exsists pertaining to the extra character disappears when you delete the character. Poof, they never existed! Yes, it's a lot of work to transfer all the items, I have done it. You have to decide if it is worth it for you or not, of course. I thought it was...lol, I even wrote a note on the bulletin board informing my villagers that my sister went back home to live with our parents! She was kinda sickly, you see; that is why she hardly ever interacted with any of the villagers to begin with!

Whew, I've come a long way in this game since then! Now my villagers would have to wonder where they went forever if I delete a character!

Went to double check my museum. Yes, bugs, fish and fossils that were donated by a character that was deleted remain. On the board outside, the donor name reverts to "Anonymous". I'm not sure about artwork. I can't remember if I donated with my now-deleted second character, but the only donors listed under artwork is under my mayor's name.

Secondarily, designs you save at the Able Sisters will remain from deleted characters.

Last edited:
Everything that exsists pertaining to the extra character disappears when you delete the character. Poof, they never existed! Yes, it's a lot of work to transfer all the items, I have done it. You have to decide if it is worth it for you or not, of course. I thought it was...lol, I even wrote a note on the bulletin board informing my villagers that my sister went back home to live with our parents! She was kinda sickly, you see; that is why she hardly ever interacted with any of the villagers to begin with!

Whew, I've come a long way in this game since then! Now my villagers would have to wonder where they went forever if I delete a character!

In WW they said the same thing, but my villagers constantly talked about my deleted character, to the point where I deleted the town.

Good to know this may not be the case in NL?

I actually wouldn’t mind them talking about the past character, I usually love it when they mention other towns if I adopt :D

On the board outside, the donor name reverts to "Anonymous".
That's what I figured. It would show up as blank or some default name for anyone.

I actually wouldn’t mind them talking about the past character, I usually love it when they mention other towns if I adopt :D

I can't stand it.
Especially if they talk about someone nasty.

I booted a villager out for that very reason.

Last edited:
I kind of get annoyed when my villagers still talk about 'friends' who visited a long time ago. 'I just talked to blank recently, they are a flower fan!' Dude that was like two years ago...stop bringing them up!

The only time my villagers talked about one of the side characters was when that character resided in my town. Once I deleted the side character, the villagers never mentioned them again.

Of course, they do continue to talk about those characters from other towns who visited and that does get annoying.

You keep everything donated to the museum by a character (incl. art), changes from the deleted characters' name as another posted said (to anyomous?).
If you delete a character get all their stuff first - money, anything in save letters, items in museum room if they have one.
You lose the actual saved letters, and any patterns they may have - not sure what happens to any they placed on the ground - presumably disappear?

I ended up deleting. It was so much work getting everything in the museums removed. I wish there was an option to relocate museums.

Hi, I was mistaken...thanks for the corrections about the museum. And yes, the villagers do talk about the deleted character. I forgot that. Popped off on this subject w/o thinking...tired, I guess...I'm sorry. I usually try to be careful about giving out wrong information. :blush:

Back