• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Landscaping large areas?

MelbaBear

marnie of pomelo bay
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8411-4279-3514
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Pear (Fruit)
So I have this quite large area in my town and I?m not sure how to go about landscaping it! I was wondering if you guys could help me a little? This is the area (with the question mark):
27DCB3CA-6526-409C-ACFA-C0DA18A8F057.jpg
(Sorry for the awful quality)
Some PWPs that I thought I could put in the area were maybe the campsite and the fire pit, the windmill, maybe the Stonehenge? What do you guys think? Maybe a villager house somewhere too.
Do you have any big empty areas in your town that are tricky to landscape?

I've seen a lot of people create a fountain area with bushes and trees around it. I've also seen people create parks with the park pwps and benches etc. you could create a zen garden? Depends on your town theme etc. I've used big areas before to put a firepit down and make a forest/campsite esc area. I find them very difficult to landscape haha!

Personally I like my "public" buildings in a row, so since you have the town hall and re-tail lined up already I'd continue the path and built the police station, maybe even the cafe there, it would be like another main street.
Or what about a park like area with the picnic, playground, benches, hammock, ... PWPs?
Or a bamboo garden with the zen PWPs?
Or a fake pond with designs?
Or an area for different fruit trees?
An exhibition area with some of the "art" PWPs displayed?
In my towns, I always make room for a flower meadow where I don't plant specific flowers but just let them grow wild (just a bench or some small PWPs there and no paths) because it looks so pretty imo and is a nice contrast to the planned and landscaped rest of my town!

Thank you so much you guys!!^ I went with the campsite and fire pit area and I’ve got quite a bit of space left over that I think I’ll put the windmill and maybe the picnic blanket in. And I’m actually trying to make a natural ‘meadow’ themed town so I don’t think I’ll line up my public buildings, but you got me thinking about where I could possibly place them and I came up with some good spots, so thank you Rubylena :D

Thank you so much you guys!!^ I went with the campsite and fire pit area and I’ve got quite a bit of space left over that I think I’ll put the windmill and maybe the picnic blanket in. And I’m actually trying to make a natural ‘meadow’ themed town so I don’t think I’ll line up my public buildings, but you got me thinking about where I could possibly place them and I came up with some good spots, so thank you Rubylena :D

Sorry to chime in late, but I like your idea of a big campsite area with the windmill! It sounds like it’ll be so nice to look at when it’s finished :>. I tend to build the public buildings like Rubylena does (at least that’s how my first town is), haha. It’s good you found places for them though. ^ - ^

Trellis is another great PWP that fills up a larger space.

If only one of my villagers will request it! I've never managed to get it.

Back