• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I want winter to be over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love to sin

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I want to see green, and I want to plant trees, and I want to do cute summer things.
I started a new town on another copy and I've just been twiddling my thumbs. I want SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!
Do any of you feel the same way?

i personally really like the way my town looks like in the snow- very ethereal, especially with the flower color scheme i have going- but i am looking forward to green grass again and cherry blossom season!

Hee hee hee MY town's in June....
Break out the sunblock and icepops!
But, yeah, my town's in June because I can't stand winter after about 2 weeks of being in it...

I HATE winter.
It's not natural all that snow in Australia, where it's summer.
It ruins three months of play for me.

Ugly, depressing white.
For three months.

I love the winter season! Not so much for my town since you aren’t able to see all the pretty colors. One bonus is that I do enjoy the lights on the trees. (^_^)

Hee hee hee MY town's in June....
Break out the sunblock and icepops!
But, yeah, my town's in June because I can't stand winter after about 2 weeks of being in it...

I envy you. I'm trying to be strong!

I HATE winter.
It's not natural all that snow in Australia, where it's summer.
It ruins three months of play for me.

Ugly, depressing white.
For three months.

I don't really like the snow, other than the fact that it's pretty (this is true in real life for me as well). I just can't stand winter.
I want everything to be green and pretty, and you know. Not white.
I've seen some towns pull it off quite well, however, my towns do not.

I'm sooo excited for spring! I've been landscaping my town and am dying to see what it looks like in the beautiful lush green ;A;
This snow needs to hurry up and melt!!

I'm sooo excited for spring! I've been landscaping my town and am dying to see what it looks like in the beautiful lush green ;A;
This snow needs to hurry up and melt!!
I was under the impression that you couldn't plant anything while it was winter...
Every time I've tried to plant something, it's withered up!
Am I wrong?

I was under the impression that you couldn't plant anything while it was winter...
Every time I've tried to plant something, it's withered up!
Am I wrong?

hmm thats strange...are you planting things too close together? or maybe cedar trees in the south?

hmm thats strange...are you planting things too close together? or maybe cedar trees in the south?

Nope, no cedars in the south. I haven't been planting anything too close together either. I read somewhere that you just can't plant things in the winter... But I think that's weird, especially if you're able to plant things in your town. (Assuming it's not hacked of course).

Yeah I've always felt that the snow lasts way too long in AC, it starts being really dull for me. I wanna see the bushes and stuff. :[ I get sick of building snowmen after like the first 10 days lol and once the christmas lights aren't on the trees anymore it's just even more boring to look at blaah

February 25th is when it goes away, I'm so sick of seeing the snow now and I hate how the leaves on the sapling trees are that golden color..makes me want to chop them all down and plant cedar trees since they look so much better in the winter!

Haha I made a thread similar to this. I am right there with you!! I caved and time traveled back to August for a bit, but I am trying to not time travel anymore so I'm just in winter counting down the days now.

You should be able to plant stuff in your town though. I have been landscaping and growing trees, bushes, hybrids, etc like crazy and it's been fine! Not sure why your stuff is withering up.

I want to see green, and I want to plant trees, and I want to do cute summer things.
I started a new town on another copy and I've just been twiddling my thumbs. I want SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!
Do any of you feel the same way?

i feel the same. Just restarted my town in winter and it is soooo dull

I was excited to see my main town is having a heavy snow storm today *ducks and hides* lol

I do have a town set in spring, but I haven't even been playing it lately. I've been enjoying the snow in my winter town. Maybe because it works with my color scheme? I like the quiet feel of the town in the snow too.

I enjoy the snowy season within the game. With the bingo playing snowman or the lights on the trees, I do enjoy the season. Sadly, I do wish it was spring as well. I've been working on my town by planting so many trees. I even reached perfect town status and I just made my town a month ago! I just can't to see the town in spring....

I'm not a fan of the bleak monotone colors everywhere but I do like the heavy snowfalls and the crunchy sounds when you walk haha. But I'm excited for spring as well! I want fresh green grass and nice tree colors again </3

I'm in the minority here, it seems, but I like winter in AC. Not a fan of it IRC, but it's so pretty in the game. Salem had a blizzard yesterday, and the dark sky with snow falling was nice to run around in.

One thing I do miss (unless I'm remembering it wrong) is seeing villagers carry umbrellas when it is snowing. I seem to remember that being done in the GC version, and it was cute.

I'm going against the grain here and admit that I like winter in AC. The crunchy footsteps on the snow and the serene music that plays when it snows are just lovely. Apart from the cherry blossoms, spring and summer are boring for me. I get bored of all that green grass because it lasts so long until it's autumn. :/

I like the crunching, but overall I really don't like the color. I enjoy my green seasons more, heck, I even enjoy the colors of Autumn more than I do of winter.

I was excited to see my main town is having a heavy snow storm today *ducks and hides* lol

I do have a town set in spring, but I haven't even been playing it lately. I've been enjoying the snow in my winter town. Maybe because it works with my color scheme? I like the quiet feel of the town in the snow too.
I enjoy the heavy snow; I think that's pretty about winter! I just really don't like when it's so monotone.

I'm in the minority here, it seems, but I like winter in AC. Not a fan of it IRC, but it's so pretty in the game. Salem had a blizzard yesterday, and the dark sky with snow falling was nice to run around in.

One thing I do miss (unless I'm remembering it wrong) is seeing villagers carry umbrellas when it is snowing. I seem to remember that being done in the GC version, and it was cute.

That would be so cute! I should get the GC version. Even considering buying a Wii for City Folk.

Back