• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

HopeForHyrule

Bunny Fanatic
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2496-6703-5894
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
I got this game for Christmas and I've been playing it pretty heavy. I've never played any game in this series before, so I just have to ask:

Has the navigation always been this awful? I'm all for exploring and farming to my heart's content, but I'd like to have a decent map to help guide me once I'm ready to move on.

That said, I'm enjoying pretty much every other aspect of the game. And I've been hoping for a decent JRPG on the Switch, aside from Project Octopath Traveler.

This was also my first Xenoblade game, and I also found the map more frustrating than helpful when it came to some quests.
Mostly had that problem with provinces that had a ton of layers or verticality.
Really enjoyed the game but had to put it down after not being able to get the last 4 rare blades after a gazillion blade bonds. I'll eventually get back to it to get 5 stars in all the towns. Hopefully the map will be improved in the future.

Last edited:
yeah the map sucks lol
i love xenoblade and this game is pretty alright but its a bit too weeby for me : (

Last edited:
I've been interested in this game lately but after watching some reviews I kinda feel that it might not be completely up my alley.

Do the game really run as horrible in handheld mode as they say?

I've been interested in this game lately but after watching some reviews I kinda feel that it might not be completely up my alley.

Do the game really run as horrible in handheld mode as they say?

I mostly play it in handheld mode, and I do okay. My biggest complaint is the navigation, or lack thereof, lol.

What problems do you have with the navigation? It was just fine for me.

yeah the map sucks lol
i love xenoblade and this game is pretty alright but its a bit too weeby for me : (
*Currently playing and loving Xbc and Xbx* surely a jump from.. what you would call the art style of 1 and X.. can't be that weeby!
*Watches trailer* ooh That kind of anime.. onto that is it a tolerable amount of anime? Because it looks full on animeeee.
Like my 2 fears for myself in playing this game is 1. is handheld That bad? And 2. Will this make me uncomfortable...

- - - Post Merge - - -

yeah the map sucks lol
*Currently playing and loving Xbc and Xbx* surely a jump from.. what you would call the art style of 1 and X.. can't be that weeby!
*Watches trailer* ooh That kind of anime.. onto that is it a tolerable amount of anime? Because it looks full on animeeee.
Like my 2 fears for myself in playing this game is 1. is handheld That bad? And 2. Will this make me uncomfortable...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I got this game for Christmas and I've been playing it pretty heavy. I've never played any game in this series before, so I just have to ask:

Has the navigation always been this awful? I'm all for exploring and farming to my heart's content, but I'd like to have a decent map to help guide me once I'm ready to move on.

That said, I'm enjoying pretty much every other aspect of the game. And I've been hoping for a decent JRPG on the Switch, aside from Project Octopath Traveler.
Idk how the navigation in this is but Xbc was pretty straight forward, being mostly level ground, and Xbx has well.. the same as Xbc both work imo

Back