• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Room ideas for an elegant/cozy house?

Aeikurin

Pink n' black~
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So far my house is 2/3 completed, my main room is rococo with a soothing blue/green color scheme, my upstairs is a cozy Christmas themed study/library, and one of my side rooms literally looks like a high class cabin on a cruiser ship lol but I am pretty stumped for the last two rooms in my house.

Does anyone have any ideas for any more elegant or cozy theme ideas? I'd like to stick to warm or earthy tones. I thought about doing a Japanese garden look but decided not to because I want to try new looks.

Any ideas appreciated!! :)

I love elegant/cozy rooms! My town has a lot of those rooms in my houses, haha.

http://acnl-inspire.tumblr.com/post/129014433342/aftertasty-my-basement-is-cute-and-warm-and. This is a basement living I pinned on Pinterest and think it's super cute, so maybe that could be an idea? Or maybe a cozy movie theater room?

In my mayor's house, the first main room is an elegant dining room. If you like food items and fancy furniture, then that could work great! :>

Hi, tooting my own horn, too! If you have the Dream Suite, I invite you to go visit Elenrast. Elegant and cozy, especially elegant, was always in my mind while building my town with mayor's house and three extra characters. Check out my explanation below, with links to the backstory...hope you get some ideas from there!

Sconces and a gorgeous clock on the wall.
The chaise lounge (customized pink), with a stained glass lamp on a tea table beside it.
A zen desk, with morning glory and a fancy tea-seat in front of the lounge.

Gorgeous wallpaper, a fireplace, some paintings (from Redd).
Some gulliver items on a gorgeous table.
Customized stained glass window.

I've basically described half of my study. ^_^

Last edited:
Hi, tooting my own horn, too! If you have the Dream Suite, I invite you to go visit Elenrast. Elegant and cozy, especially elegant, was always in my mind while building my town with mayor's house and three extra characters. Check out my explanation below, with links to the backstory...hope you get some ideas from there!

I actually did visit your DA a while back!! It's beautiful, and I love the color scheme you went with overall. I may have to revisit to get some more ideas! :) Thank you!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sconces and a gorgeous clock on the wall.
The chaise lounge (customized pink), with a stained glass lamp on a tea table beside it.
A zen desk, with morning glory and a fancy tea-seat in front of the lounge.

Gorgeous wallpaper, a fireplace, some paintings (from Redd).
Some gulliver items on a gorgeous table.
Customized stained glass window.

I've basically described half of my study. ^_^

Sounds very nice :) I actually have gorgeous items mixed with exotic ones in my high class suite room haha. It's also nice to see someone else using paintings to decorate! I think they add a unique flair, depending on which ones you use.

Which Gulliver items do you have displayed? :O

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love elegant/cozy rooms! My town has a lot of those rooms in my houses, haha.

http://acnl-inspire.tumblr.com/post/129014433342/aftertasty-my-basement-is-cute-and-warm-and. This is a basement living I pinned on Pinterest and think it's super cute, so maybe that could be an idea? Or maybe a cozy movie theater room?

In my mayor's house, the first main room is an elegant dining room. If you like food items and fancy furniture, then that could work great! :>

Wow! Thank you for this link! I was wondering if maybe sone of the sweets series items could work matched with other similar color sets..

Also, on another note, I loved your town! I visited your address too a while back, and I also like your town name. It's a beautiful word :)

I have the Rooster of Barcelos, and Dala Horse in the upstairs study, and a couple of Merlions in the bathroom.

I love some of the landscape paintings.
I just wish they displayed bigger, like they do in the museum. ^_^

I have a conservatory in my back room, if you're willing to visit my DA, it's somewhere between elegant,cozy and zen.

I have a conservatory in my back room, if you're willing to visit my DA, it's somewhere between elegant,cozy and zen.

Thank you! I will be sure to check it out :D I've been on a kick recently visiting dream towns, and trying to find more.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think the minimalist set always gives me a warm And comfy feeling :)

I know what you mean! It's simple but somehow inviting. I actually like the white color better than the customization options, which is unusual since there's usually a customization option I like better. :]

I actually did visit your DA a while back!! It's beautiful, and I love the color scheme you went with overall. I may have to revisit to get some more ideas! :) Thank you!!

Many thanks for the nice comments. I haven't known if anyone has visited until now. :blush:

Wow! Thank you for this link! I was wondering if maybe sone of the sweets series items could work matched with other similar color sets..

Also, on another note, I loved your town! I visited your address too a while back, and I also like your town name. It's a beautiful word :)

Daww! That means so much! I’m so glad you enjoyed your visit to my town and like the link. I noticed that people use those marshmallow chairs A LOT for decorating with other furniture.

Daww! That means so much! I’m so glad you enjoyed your visit to my town and like the link. I noticed that people use those marshmallow chairs A LOT for decorating with other furniture.

Hehe ^_^ I actually have a marshmallow chair in my upstairs room! I think it's because it can function as a table and the customization options are so cute. I especially like the burnt marshmallow look :)

Everyone has such pretty dream towns... T _ T Sometimes I feel like I'm never going to get to where I want my town to be hahaha

Hehe ^_^ I actually have a marshmallow chair in my upstairs room! I think it's because it can function as a table and the customization options are so cute. I especially like the burnt marshmallow look :)

Everyone has such pretty dream towns... T _ T Sometimes I feel like I'm never going to get to where I want my town to be hahaha

I actually don’t have the marshmallow chair cataloged. Now I kind of want one, LOL. The burnt design is really cute!

Trust me, you’ll get there. The most important thing is to build a town that you truly love. With Komorebi, I had no idea what I wanted to do when I started. Heck, when I chose my map I only thought of picking whatever the best map option was that was given to me on the first try. Now I’ve been reading people here will intentionally reset to look for the perfect map for a specific looking town they’re going for, which is something I hadn’t even thought of.

I believe you can make a town look great as long as you love how it looks in the end. Though, it doesn’t hurt if other people love it too. ;>

Last edited:
I did a room that looked like a cabin with a fireplace and i used multiple wood furniture and lots of plants

I actually don’t have the marshmallow chair cataloged. Now I kind of want one, LOL. The burnt design is really cute!

Trust me, you’ll get there. The most important thing is to build a town that you truly love. With Komorebi, I had no idea what I wanted to do when I started. Heck, when I chose my map I only thought of picking whatever the best map option was that was given to me on the first try. Now I’ve been reading people here will intentionally reset to look for the perfect map for a specific looking town they’re going for, which is something I hadn’t even thought of.

I believe you can make a town look great as long as you love how it looks in the end. Though, it doesn’t hurt if other people love it too. ;>

Such wise words :) Thank you!! Like you, I didn't know that people would reset for different maps either. I just picked the one I liked best out of the 4 Rover offers. I knew about plot resetting, but I've never done it and I don't think I will. I mean, I put down paths so that I try to get animals in where isn't inconvenient, but usually I can work around where they place. Or I wait for them to leave so I can rearrange things.

I think the biggest thing is patience hahaha and as you said, really really loving your own town! I really like my map; others might not since it's not the 'best' map but sometimes I just look at it and I think, 'I'm so glad I have this map.' I think that's also what keeps me going. The vision of what my town could be, and what it will eventually!

On a side note, I just noticed you have another town :O Is it going to be a rainy town? :D

Such wise words :) Thank you!! Like you, I didn't know that people would reset for different maps either. I just picked the one I liked best out of the 4 Rover offers. I knew about plot resetting, but I've never done it and I don't think I will. I mean, I put down paths so that I try to get animals in where isn't inconvenient, but usually I can work around where they place. Or I wait for them to leave so I can rearrange things.

I think the biggest thing is patience hahaha and as you said, really really loving your own town! I really like my map; others might not since it's not the 'best' map but sometimes I just look at it and I think, 'I'm so glad I have this map.' I think that's also what keeps me going. The vision of what my town could be, and what it will eventually!

On a side note, I just noticed you have another town :O Is it going to be a rainy town? :D

Yes, patience indeed. Haha.

I do have another one! Well.. technically it's my sister's, but she wanted me to take it over because I like designing the towns and houses. I'm going for a rainy spring morning, with white and pink azalea's in bloom and white, yellow, purple, and speckles of red flowers throughout the town. I have it done pretty much, now I just need to TT to spring and find a rainy day so I can put a DA on it. I don't have any unique PWPs though. It was such a hassle getting them for Komorebi, so I'm just going to be content with any I can get randomly, lol.

Yes, patience indeed. Haha.

I do have another one! Well.. technically it's my sister's, but she wanted me to take it over because I like designing the towns and houses. I'm going for a rainy spring morning, with white and pink azalea's in bloom and white, yellow, purple, and speckles of red flowers throughout the town. I have it done pretty much, now I just need to TT to spring and find a rainy day so I can put a DA on it. I don't have any unique PWPs though. It was such a hassle getting them for Komorebi, so I'm just going to be content with any I can get randomly, lol.

That sounds so pretty! *__* I love rainy towns, they come across as very serene and calming to me, especially the quiet rain, not the thunderstorm. Although I do like thunderstorm towns too :p

Yay!! I'll def come visit! :D

That sounds so pretty! *__* I love rainy towns, they come across as very serene and calming to me, especially the quiet rain, not the thunderstorm. Although I do like thunderstorm towns too :p

Yay!! I'll def come visit! :D

Same! It makes me wanna just walk slowly and admire the town more, haha. I can’t wait for you to see it! (^-^)

My home office is a mix of refurbished patchwork (in the reds and browns) and mush dressers and tables. I've also got the cabin wall/tartan rug, fireplace, and some plants. That might be a bit more casual than you are going for, but sometimes it's fun to mix unexpected items in with more formal ones. If you keep the color scheme similar, you can play around with a lot of different things.

Back