• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Butterfly Oath

I'm very sure it's completely random chance for the butterfly catching, and I was right about me getting good spots and dry spells. I've managed to go for 14 butterflies spawning on flowers, and not missing a single one, to just 5 spawning and only getting 1 of them. I'm only about 14 away from completely this round for each type, however, and if I feel desperate enough my 700+ free leaf tickets are there for me to use lol. I don't think I'm going to have too much of an issue completing this event.

If there's anyone whose quite far behind, I'm more than happy to give you any butterflies I get! Add Lilly!
ID: 5943 7509 019

Thanks to you all, I only need one more topaz butterfly I'm finished the first round! I'm pretty curious to see what the white dahlias/new butterflies will bring to the mix tomorrow. I'm excited but I have the feeling those white dahlias are going to take like four hours to bloom...

Last edited:
I?m half way through the first set of goals and out of 40 newly planted flowers today I only caught 9 butterflies. I am livid. Lol I?ve been giving friends the yellow ones hoping they?d return the favor (no luck) and now I?m down to 8. I?ll happily give them to someone that will give me an equal amount in exchange.

I really loathe this event.. they need to extend it. I?ve been grinding for days and barely have anything to show for and now they add more stuff ��

My FC is: 44421334918

@Lilly I sent you a friend request. My PC name is Evan

Last edited:
Vonny, how many butterflies do you need? My friend and I have completed mine and we are currently just growing the red flowers to exchange for flowers pots.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Unless my other in-game friends want to exchange butterflies with me, I should have 15 yellow butterflies (the one from 1st half) that I can share with you.

Last edited:
Is... is it just my imagination or do the new winter butterflies have even worse catch rates than the diamond/topaz ones? I only managed to catch one - ONE - out of the ten from my first batch of white dhalias. That’s... ridiculously bad. I hope that was just a stroke of bad luck... or else hardly anyone will be able to finish the Rover event without spending leaf tickets... :|

Vonny, how many butterflies do you need? My friend and I have completed mine and we are currently just growing the red flowers to exchange for flowers pots.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Unless my other in-game friends want to exchange butterflies with me, I should have 15 yellow butterflies (the one from 1st half) that I can share with you.

I currently have 57 red and 34 yellow. Any help would be amazing ❤️

Last edited:
I'm out of topaz (yellow) butterflies but have quite a few diamond (red) butterflies if anyone needs them still.

Apologies to anyone on my friends lists who haven't gotten any butterflies from me lately, a couple times when I've checked other peoples gardens they're either already full with butterflies or don't have any flowers in full bloom yet.

To the few people that added me and shared, please PM or VM me if you want red/yellows in exchange because I can’t tell who’s sharing for help or sharing just to help.

Also thanks to the people that helped. I currently have 61 red and 38 yellow. Still a long way to go so more help would be appreciated.. not to sound greedy lol And like I said I’ll share back but when I figure out who needs them

Hi everyone! I posted earlier but I didn't have my id on the post. I play everyday and check many times during the day. I have been sharing butterflies with people I see on when I am in game, as well as people that share with me. Also I check to see if anyone needs mine help when I am on.

I just set up my signature to show my ID so I hope it shows up. If not I will edit this to include my id. Have fun catching butterflies!

Hey everyone, just a friendly reminder that it may not always be possible to return the same number of butterflies that are shared especially during round two. I don't know about you guys, but my catch rate for the new butterflies has been just horrible. I didn't catch a single new butterfly from my first crop, including one that a friend left for me. Please be patient with your friends because there is absolutely no reason to hold onto butterflies, and while I can't speak for everyone, I am confident that most people are sharing in kind, as much as they can. If you have shared one of the new butterflies with me, and I not returned one yet, please know that you are on my list to get one of the new butterflies asap! Thank you for those of you who have shared so far!

As far as diamond and topaz butterflies go, please let me know if you are still working on round one goals and which kind of butterfly you are most in need of. I have a few remaining butterflies from round one, and I would love for them to go to people who really need them. If I do give you diamond or topaz butterflies, there is no need to return them. All I ask is that you pay it forward to someone who also needs them. Thank you.

I found this to be true also, Mopy. It will take us longer to get our goals with this new set of butterflies. So far I have not been lucky enough to catch any. As soon as I do, I will start sharing them.

I also happen to have an unreasonably low catch rate for the second set of butterflies. Out of all 7 that spawned this noon, I've managed to catch only one. Even though you needed 40 of each type of those butterflies to complete the Rover collection, there's still not enough time to get to that point with the awful catch rate. That is, assuming you don't use Leaf Tickets.

Thank goodness that I'm already done with the diamond and topaz butterfly hunt, so I could focus on getting those white dahlias planted on a very regular basis.

It does seem like these new butterflies have abysmal catch rates... I've had the chance to catch 5 so far, and all of them flew away.
Let's all call this the 'butterfly grind' and hope we can get as many Rover goodies as we can. :(

Hey everyone, just a friendly reminder that it may not always be possible to return the same number of butterflies that are shared especially during round two. I don't know about you guys, but my catch rate for the new butterflies has been just horrible. I didn't catch a single new butterfly from my first crop, including one that a friend left for me. Please be patient with your friends because there is absolutely no reason to hold onto butterflies, and while I can't speak for everyone, I am confident that most people are sharing in kind, as much as they can. If you have shared one of the new butterflies with me, and I not returned one yet, please know that you are on my list to get one of the new butterflies asap! Thank you for those of you who have shared so far!

As far as diamond and topaz butterflies go, please let me know if you are still working on round one goals and which kind of butterfly you are most in need of. I have a few remaining butterflies from round one, and I would love for them to go to people who really need them. If I do give you diamond or topaz butterflies, there is no need to return them. All I ask is that you pay it forward to someone who also needs them. Thank you.

I'm new to this, but I really need topaz butterflies. I'm also having a terrible time with the white and gold (haven't caught a single one yet!), but will be happy to share once I get some. My Pocket Game code is in my signature. I'll send you (and others!) a friend request if I can find your code here. My game name is "Flutter". Thanks!

EDITED:

I have sent friend requests to the following (IGNs):

Mopy
Livvy
Erin
JCnator
John
Flora
Dia
Liv
allainah
Minxy
Kirby
pururu
Lilly
Evan
Kira

I found the Friend IDs in this thread. If you're still looking for friends, but don't have your ID in this thread, please send me a friend request! I accept them all! :)

Oh, and I do take the Butterfly Oath!!

Last edited:
To the few people that added me and shared, please PM or VM me if you want red/yellows in exchange because I can?t tell who?s sharing for help or sharing just to help.

Also thanks to the people that helped. I currently have 61 red and 38 yellow. Still a long way to go so more help would be appreciated.. not to sound greedy lol And like I said I?ll share back but when I figure out who needs them
My pocket camp user is Mimimon, you don?t need to share those butterflies back.

I hate this. Yikes.

Edit: this is in reference to the second part of the event--NOT a complaint about the Butterfly Oath! :p

Last edited:
These new butterflies are so hard to catch, I apologize if I can't give you as many in return, the crop is being spread thin this round. I'm also still planting red flowers so I have topaz butterflies to give as well

To the few people that added me and shared, please PM or VM me if you want red/yellows in exchange because I can?t tell who?s sharing for help or sharing just to help.

Also thanks to the people that helped. I currently have 61 red and 38 yellow. Still a long way to go so more help would be appreciated.. not to sound greedy lol And like I said I?ll share back but when I figure out who needs them

I'm pretty sure I sent you a friend request (Flutter is my IGN) and you accepted. I need yellow (topaz) and will happily share back. I don't need red, but if you do, I have plenty to share with you.

I'm pretty sure I sent you a friend request (Flutter is my IGN) and you accepted. I need yellow (topaz) and will happily share back. I don't need red, but if you do, I have plenty to share with you.
I just filled the 8 slots you had open. Sorry for the delay, there?s so many generous people that it?s hard to keep track lol thank you everyone :D
anyway I just finished the first half of the event so I don?t need any more diamond/topaz. This threads a life saver <3

Back