• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Butterfly Oath

J087

a Paw for Good Luck
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Yellow Candy
New Leaf Token
Pavé
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Red Candy
I hereby solemnly swear to share my butterflies with active friends,
and keep sharing if they share theirs back. :blush::blush:

Let's all agree to help each other complete Rover's tasks.
Take the oath and share your kindness with your friends!
2a2e0126480377.56363bc87b20a.gif

Information about the event:
- For each butterfly you share with a friend, Rover will gift you a seed bag.
- When sharing more then 1 butterfly you might receive more Friend Powder.
- Butterflies can only be shared on fully bloomed flowers. Including tulips and pansies.
- Catching butterflies might sometimes fail.

Last edited:
I do as well. I share all my butterflies since you don’t have to keep them for anything!

I have been doing that all day. I am hoping to get some in return.
Kira - in game name

I am busy at work... trying to get some play time in here and there... How do you share them?

I'll take the oath!
I only started playing a couple days ago though, so I don't have many friends. If anyone wants to add me to share butterflies my Friend ID is in my sig :)

I am busy at work... trying to get some play time in here and there... How do you share them?

You visit another players garden and if they have flowers that are in full bloom, you can click on it and the a share icon will pop up

Kaydee in game. Been sharing back and fourth with the friends at the top meaning the most recently active. Trying to leave one or two with each person until I'm out. :D

I'm taking this oath!
I'm Lilly in game, I'm pretty sure I gave some to you last night since you appeared at the top of my friend's list.

I've shared a few with friends, but I do want to trade for the potted flowers, so right now I'm saving my butterflies. As soon as that happens, I'll be leaving some in friends' gardens. I like that option in the game.

Thank you for posting this! For some reason, I didn't realize that there was no real benefit to keeping the butterflies. Off I go to give them to friends :D

I'm loving this little on-going this we've just had tossing butterflies back and forth, you and me :p

The low catch rate is quite a bummer though... Friends give you 10 yellow butterflies, and you can only return 3 because the others flew away. :(

Last edited:
I've shared a few with friends, but I do want to trade for the potted flowers, so right now I'm saving my butterflies. As soon as that happens, I'll be leaving some in friends' gardens. I like that option in the game.

You trade the flowers for potted flowers through Loid like you would normal flowers, not the butterflies. :) Unless I'm mistaking. The number of butterflies caught count stays the same even when you give them away, keeping them doesn't benefit you at all, I think. Giving them actually benefits you, because you get more seeds and friendship powder and essences. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

Also! I agree with the butterfly oath! If anyone needs friends who are giving/returhing butterflies. Feel free to add me! ID: 4066 3539 481 my name is Livvy there too. :)

You trade the flowers for potted flowers through Loid like you would normal flowers, not the butterflies. :) Unless I'm mistaking. The number of butterflies caught count stays the same even when you give them away, keeping them doesn't benefit you at all, I think. Giving them actually benefits you, because you get more seeds and friendship powder and essences. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

Also! I agree with the butterfly oath! If anyone needs friends who are giving/returhing butterflies. Feel free to add me! ID: 4066 3539 481 my name is Livvy there too. :)

*headdesk* You're right. This is why I shouldn't post before I've had my 2nd cup of tea!

My ID is 3485 0012 272 and I play as Erin, if anyone wants to add me.

Added you! If you have any topaz butterflies that would be amazing but honestly any would be appreciated as I'm behind on this event RIP (I'll be sure to send you some too!)

- - - Post Merge - - -

*headdesk* You're right. This is why I shouldn't post before I've had my 2nd cup of tea!

Added you as well!

I take this oath as well, it's great to help each other out and there's nothing to lose!

The event is actually quite confusing imo! There's a lot of things going on with it, so it's hard to sort what is what at first. Which is why my explanation wasn't even 100% confident lmao I'll add you! :)

Frostbite2002 - Accepted all my friend requests just now I believe, so I think we're friends now! Yay

Count me in for the butterfly oath! I've shared every single butterfly I've managed to catch so far with friends, and I'm so thankful for the butterflies that I've gotten in return. I wouldn't mind adding more friends who've taken the oath!

ID: 8501 3508 815

Back