• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Butterfly Oath

I just filled the 8 slots you had open. Sorry for the delay, there?s so many generous people that it?s hard to keep track lol thank you everyone :D
anyway I just finished the first half of the event so I don?t need any more diamond/topaz. This threads a life saver <3

Thank you so much! I was able to finish up the last task for the first level! I?ll be sure to share the new butterflies as I get them!

I’m still many butterflies away from completing the first tasks! I have been so lucky to get so many butterflies from my friends but I fear that they have all moved on to the next step and are focusing on those very annoyingly elusive new winter butterflies. They seem to have stopped the topaz and red trade but slow poke here still needs topaz and red butterflies. I know it’s bcause I’ve been so paranoid about losing my rare pansies and tulips that I have only ever planted a total of five dahlias at a time. I know I’ll probably never finish the new tasks but I’d really like to finish the first ones. I would appreciate any red or topaz butterflies any one has left so much. I will try to pay you back with the new butterflies but so far my catch rate is as miserable as everyone elses’. Of course if any one is still in the same boat as me I’d certainly give back the topaz and red ones too. I just gave mine all to someone in my family, but they haven’t been playing as much so I don’t think I’ll get any back for a while. Thank you so much! My ID is 69781194589 I am just Angel in PC.

Hey Angel-Rae, I'll send you a friend request (IGN is Macchi) and send some of the phase one butterflies your way. No need to send those back, since I'm moving onto phase two :)

Also, if anyone else on my friend list needs some of the diamond/topaz ones let me know. Just tell me your IGN and I'll send some over. No need to send them back.

Also, I've been getting horrible catch rates for these new butterflies. If anyone has sent me some and I haven't sent any back feel free to remind me! I'll try to send some back once I'm able to catch them

Hey Angel-Rae, I'll send you a friend request (IGN is Macchi) and send some of the phase one butterflies your way. No need to send those back, since I'm moving onto phase two
Thank you very much!

Edited to add thanks to you Gir I just finished the red butterfly task! Your butterflies were good luck!

Last edited:
Thank you very much!

Edited to add thanks to you Gir I just finished the red butterfly task! Your butterflies were good luck!

Yay! Glad you got them, my game froze up and made me reset so I wasn't sure if it went through to you or not ^_^

I just need fifteen more topaz now! I’m getting closer thanks to Bell Tree Forum butterfly heroes.

Does anyone still need red diamond and topaz diamond butterflies? That's all I can catch :( I'm still not done with the red or topaz butterflies :( can't even start on winter ones. My friend ID is 68392302771, if anyone wants to add me. My name is Emily.

Last edited:
just sent you a friend request. I have plenty of butterflies from the first round that I can share with you. Not getting enough for the second round since the catch rate is so bad. I will keep trying though & share them as i get them with others that share with me.

Anyone else that still needs butterflies from first round just let me know.

I take this oath ! At this rate I should be done with the second half by Saturday

Thank you so much! I was able to finish up the last task for the first level! I’ll be sure to share the new butterflies as I get them!

Hey Flutter, do you still need red butterflies? I don't have any Topaz left to share but I still have a handful of red. I may be getting more Topaz down the road, but I am trying to finish the new goals if possible first.

Hey Flutter, do you still need red butterflies? I don't have any Topaz left to share but I still have a handful of red. I may be getting more Topaz down the road, but I am trying to finish the new goals if possible first.

No, I don't. Thanks for asking, though! This group is so great about helping out. :)

Thanks everyone so much for the help! :)
I'm kind of bumming because I really wanted to get a mug and the rocking chair, but I'm not totally sure I'm going to make it.
I need 15 more winter butterflies and 21 golden if I were trying to get even the leaf tickets - but I don't think I can reach that.
So I'm focusing on getting the white butterflies! If you have some, please share and I'll share back. :)

Just want to let people know I'm not backing out of my oath, I'm just having a bit of trouble getting white dahlia seeds and also successful captures to be able to re-share butterflies. This second part of the event is kind of kicking my butt!

Thanks everyone so much for the help! :)
I'm kind of bumming because I really wanted to get a mug and the rocking chair, but I'm not totally sure I'm going to make it.
I need 15 more winter butterflies and 21 golden if I were trying to get even the leaf tickets - but I don't think I can reach that.
So I'm focusing on getting the white butterflies! If you have some, please share and I'll share back. :)

I just gave you 3 white butterflies. I'm done with the event and not producing anymore butterflies until I get the things I want from harvested blue dahlias, but I will continue to share back with you as long as I have them. Good luck!

I just gave you 3 white butterflies. I'm done with the event and not producing anymore butterflies until I get the things I want from harvested blue dahlias, but I will continue to share back with you as long as I have them. Good luck!

I saw that, thanks so much for your help, Flutter! I used leaf tickets to make sure I caught them. :p

I saw that, thanks so much for your help, Flutter! I used leaf tickets to make sure I caught them. :p

After failing to capture the 3 you gave back, I've decided to go back to producing butterflies. I'll give them back to you once I finish growing the flowers.

After failing to capture the 3 you gave back, I've decided to go back to producing butterflies. I'll give them back to you once I finish growing the flowers.
Aw, that's very thoughtful of you. :blush:
Just please don't pressure yourself on that, I'm practically manufacturing white dahlias to try to catch em all.

Edit:
Thanks Flutter, for all the butterflies! I've completed the goals for the white butterflies, thanks to you! I'm just passing on the butterflies to people that still need them on my friends list. :)

Hello friends, I want to thank everyone who was able to share during this event, and everyone who stopped by to water my flowers and keep my crops growing! You are all amazing, and I was able to finish these goals because of you. I still have winter butterflies left to share, and I would love to drop them off to friends who really need them to complete the goals, but I'm unsure who still needs them at this point. Unfortunately, I don't have any winter gold butterflies to share, as I haven't really caught any since completing the gold winter goals. Please let me know if you need winter butterflies and what your IGN is so I can drop them off before the event ends. I will be at the movies until this evening, but I will check back around 9pm EST to see if anyone still needs butterflies. Thanks again everyone, and good luck to everyone who is still working towards those goals!

This event has stressed me out far too much.. I have been playing sooo much and still have 3 gold butterflies left to get.

If anyone has any extras, I would be glad to return any of the ones I catch back to you. Also, thank you to everyone who has helped me so far, you're the best! <3

(my fc is 0601 0570 187 & my username is Saoirse)

update: caught 1 from Pensee + 1 from Ethan, only need 1 more! (thanks to Macchi as well - sadly they escaped x_x)

Last edited:
Back