What was the first model of DS you got?

The red DS Phat bundle that came with Mario Kart DS. Sadly, :( it didnt survive a fall and the two screens split in two.
IMG_8996.jpg

Random net pic, but this be it.

Last edited:
The original model, the big bulky silver one. Still have it and it's in considerably better shape than my poor old DS Lite, but I think it still has broken hinges because I used to fall asleep with it in my bed and inevitably knock it to the floor at some point during the night (during a time when I slept on a top bunk ofc so the damage was worse)

Black DS Lite. Still have it but the D-pad has lost all clickiness and is pretty unresponsive.

The original model, the big bulky silver one. Still have it and it's in considerably better shape than my poor old DS Lite, but I think it still has broken hinges because I used to fall asleep with it in my bed and inevitably knock it to the floor at some point during the night (during a time when I slept on a top bunk ofc so the damage was worse)

Yeah, I can imagine those bricks being better quality than the Lites, I hated the touch screen on the Lite because it was so soft and I p much poked it to death, and the hinges were so bad.

I got the DS lite in 2008 or 2009, I think? My younger brother got one first, though. Both of them barely work now.

The original, in light blue

My first DS model happens to be the bulky original silver that launched on November 21st 2004, with Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt being the packed-in demo at the time. I received it during Christmas's Eve of the same year, alongside with Super Mario 64 DS.

Last edited:
Mine was a Pink DS Lite. I know this wasn't the question but I recently got a new one and boy-howdy did it bring back memories.

I had the classic gigantic silver DS for a long time, I'm using the first edition of the 3DS now but I just pre-ordered the Pikachu version of the New 2DS XL :~)

I had pink DS lite. Can't recall the year tho. I remember not knowing there was an original Nintendo DS for the longest time and when I saw one I was so confused haha

I still have it somewhere in my drawer. Man, the good ol' days of hacking my Pokemon Pearl to the point where my cartridge won't work properly anymore without freezing randomly.. Good times...

^Duuuude yes I had so much fun with Gen IV using action replay and stuff </3 rip I miss it.

A crimson and black DSlite was my first one. iirc, Pokemon Soul Silver was the first game I got for it.

Oh no, I had the original phat pink DS. I'm not one for pink consoles but this was for my birthday and I don't remember getting the choice of colour. Plus I think Nintendogs Daschund & Friends only came packed with the pink one, and that was the edition of the game that I wanted so I think that's why I ended up with pink. That was a long time ago now.

Got a DS Lite when I was about, I think, eight. I still own it but it only plays GBA games. :(

Last edited:
Back