• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

At what age do you feel like an adult?

I'm 25 and I have a 2 year old. I "felt like an adult" when I was a teenager because I thought everybody else acted like an idiot. Now, sometimes I forget that I'm not 12 anymore. Things start to feel the other way around when you get older. You want to be mature when you're young, but once you finally get older you completely forget that you're actually an adult. My partner and his friends are all around 30 years old or more and they also say they forget that they're adults.

I think maybe the "mid life crisis" is when it hits you that you're a real, actual adult.

Last edited:
I'm 24 now, but had to quickly mature to deal with higher responsibilities when I was around 17. My mum became mentally and physically disabled, so we pretty much switched roles...

At 14 I probably would have said I already felt like an adult. Now, at 25, I'd say I feel about 14.

Back