• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

At what age do you feel like an adult?

thisistian

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pear (Fruit)
White Rose
I'm 18 now and I feel pretty mature, but don't yet hold all the responsibilities of an adult

i'm 17 and i feel 14/15. i feel like it'll take a loooong time before i feel like an adult.

I am 27 and I behave like a 12-year-old boy most of the time (I identify as a female, though). Pretty soon I'm gonna have to pay my own Wifi bill, though, so it is creeping up on me. Lol.

I think it just depends, really. I think once you have to start paying all of your own bills is when it really kicks in lmao. I'm 20 right now, but I've felt like an adult since last year when I turned 19 since my boyfriend and I decided to move in together.

ill feel like an adult wheen i graduate, have a job, and own a house. im not in a hurry because who cares tbh

I probably won't feel like one until I am completely independent.

When I move out of my parents house I think it'll hit me. I'm 23 so it's fast approaching :(

i am eld and feel eld. i think maturity comes with trauma

I am 27 and I behave like a 12-year-old boy most of the time (I identify as a female, though). Pretty soon I'm gonna have to pay my own Wifi bill, though, so it is creeping up on me. Lol.

what age do you identify as though??

- - - Post Merge - - -

When I move out of my parents house I think it'll hit me. I'm 23 so it's fast approaching :(

i just moved out (24) and nothing has changed lol

i am eld and feel eld. i think maturity comes with trauma

what age do you identify as though??

- - - Post Merge - - -

i just moved out (24) and nothing has changed lol

I can still enjoy my youth then! Woo hoo!!! ^-^

I turned 18 in June, and while I feel mature enough to have good fiscal responsibility and keep up with everything I need to do, I feel I have the same mentality ad I did 6 years ago (minus the immaturity).

I'm in college and technically still living with my parents but I can already feel the pressures of adulthood poking at me. I'll probably really start feeling like an adult when I go to graduate school.

Last edited:
I'm 22 and I mean kind of. I do adult things- pay some bills, go to bars, work all damn day. I just graduated college, so there's that. But I also live at home still. i move out in February for a job that I have to wear a suit and tie to and I'll live alone. Maybe then my transition will feel complete

Last edited:
I'm 18 but I lowkey feel like an adult sometimes because I buy my own food, pay my own Hulu bill and get to work on my own lmao,, but I'm well aware the hell of adulthood hasn't even begun yet

Why do people make adult life sound so bad? Tbh I don't think it'll change me much, I can still see younger personalities in both my parents and colleagues at work. It makes me feel like although you might feel old or like an adult you're still the same person as you were when you were young ^-^

Why do people make adult life sound so bad? Tbh I don't think it'll change me much, I can still see younger personalities in both my parents and colleagues at work. It makes me feel like although you might feel old or like an adult you're still the same person as you were when you were young ^-^

It's not all bad ofc,, however I live in a very expensive area (right by universal/Disney) so to be able to make it as an adult you gotta work constantly with no monies left over from bills lmao. That's why I haven't left my dad's yet.
However I do like the aspect of having freedom to do what I want, when I want, eat what I want, go where I want, etc. Even though I live with my dad he never really asks any questions, I kinda do my own thing. So being an adult isn't all THAT horrible, it just sucks that I live in such a bad area :s

Last edited:
It's not all bad ofc,, however I live in a very expensive area (right by universal/Disney) so to be able to make it as an adult you gotta work constantly with no monies left over from bills lmao. That's why I haven't left my dad's yet.
However I do like the aspect of having freedom to do what I want, when I want, eat what I want, go where I want, etc. Even though I live with my dad he never really asks any questions, I kinda do my own thing. So being an adult isn't all THAT horrible, it just sucks that I live in such a bad area :s

i found a cheap place on craigslist believe it or not. everywhere in FL is expensive!!!!!

I grew up way too early, so I was already feeling "like an adult" when I was like 12 or 13. Obviously I didn't have the responsibilities and stuff, but I was really mature for my age, and got on really well with adults. Ironically at 24 now, I still don't feel like a "real" adult. I don't have anything figured out, and haven't done anything with my life, so I don't know when I'll truly feel like a real adult...

Back