Muffy is a rebel!

Muffy is still wearing the same scarf :(
I’m just going to have to start sending her shirts. I really didn’t want to do this though since it’s going to mess up here interior. Plus she won’t be the same as the others.

You can try what I did.
Send her a similar shirt..
She MAY wear it!

Go to her house whenever she invites you, and BUY the extra shirts in her house.

I've just bought most of the excess noble shirts from my villagers. ^_^

The only things I could recommend are to replace the default shirt designs, or at least the one in question, in the Able Sisters' shop with umbrellas so the villagers won't wear them, which for all I know you might have already done, and complaining to Isabelle as already suggested. Hopefully she'll wear something you mail, and if worst comes to worst and she displays them in her house, just visit her sometime and buy them from her to remove them.

I've kinda tricked Wolfgang.
I didn't like him defying me, by not wearing the noble shirt, like all the others, and didn't like settling on the military uniform.. so.. I sent him five genie shirts, which actually look a little like the noble shirt, and same purple color!

He wore the genie shirt!

The uniform of the non-conformist. ^_^

I can't speak definitively on the matter, but my guess is that what shirts a villager is likely to wear for any meaningful amount of time (and/or perhaps at all) might be tied in some way to the clothing that is included in their recommended gifts for their birthday. In your case, the Noble Shirt does not appear anywhere within Wolfgang's list, but the Military Uniform and the Genie Shirt are listed as items he won't dislike, under the Other Recommended Items category. It could be that he's just hard coded to never wear that shirt, or any others that don't appear on the list.

Yeah actually all my designs displayed are all the black shirt. Muffy came from another town wearing that one and for some reason she just won’t budge.

The only things I could recommend are to replace the default shirt designs, or at least the one in question, in the Able Sisters' shop with umbrellas so the villagers won't wear them, which for all I know you might have already done, and complaining to Isabelle as already suggested. Hopefully she'll wear something you mail, and if worst comes to worst and she displays them in her house, just visit her sometime and buy them from her to remove them.

I can't speak definitively on the matter, but my guess is that what shirts a villager is likely to wear for any meaningful amount of time (and/or perhaps at all) might be tied in some way to the clothing that is included in their recommended gifts for their birthday. In your case, the Noble Shirt does not appear anywhere within Wolfgang's list, but the Military Uniform and the Genie Shirt are listed as items he won't dislike, under the Other Recommended Items category. It could be that he's just hard coded to never wear that shirt, or any others that don't appear on the list.

I never go by Thonky for anything.
They are wrong about too many things. :(
I gave Etoile something from their list of gifts she'd like, and she hated it.

Back