Cranston is still in my town, he was supposed to leave today!

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I don't understand this. He said he was moving on the 10th and I've ignored his pings every time he pinged me and yet he's still sticking around and he's not even in boxes. What the hell is going on? Why is this game doing this to me? I just want him gone!

I'm over it. I'm restarting. I'm tired of getting frustrated over this one villager. He said he was moving and yet he's still him. I"m not dealing with this anymore. I'm finished. Sorry Ossipri and the villagers there but Mayor Raven has had ENOUGH. Obviously this town is glitched. There's no other explanation for it because I knew the exact day he was supposed to leave and today was that day, and I haven't spoken to him since he pinged me to move so I know he didn't change his mind. I even time traveled to tomorrow and he's isn't in boxes tomorrow either.

I know this same thing will likely happen in a new town, a villager in the way and never leaving and that's why I'm seriously considering just trading this game in or selling it and getting another game because it should be obvious to the people who know my posts that I spend more time ranting about this game than actually having fun with it. Games should be fun, not rant inducing so I might not even be playing this game anymore, even if I do restart.

Last edited:
Oh, no! Darn that sneaky bird! He must have changed his mind without talking to you. I didn't know they could do that!
BAD, Cranston! BAD, BAD, BAD, bird! *sends Cranston to sit in the corner*

I am sorry this happened to you :( I know how badly you wanted to get rid of him. Good luck with your new town if you do decide to restart.

Perhaps you spoke to him briefly and didn’t notice? Or talked to him by accident. Or even worse you told him you did want him to leave and he said no I want to stay I change my mind :eek:

Maybe it could be because his pings were ignored after that first encounter with him, it ended up being the game didn't set him to move-out at all? I'm not sure if that can happen but it's a theory. Either way sorry to hear that and that it's become so frustrating for you. I would recommend not deleting and instead just take a break for a good while and play some other games in the meantime.

Also I don’t suggest trading in the game , a lot of the times they don’t give you an equivalent fair amount for it..and I have a feeling you might miss it in the future. Stop playing it for a while and then come back to it. I know how you feel about the villagers and I understand that it gets frustrating but the game is very fun! Just yesterday, sprinkle finally asked to ping out after forever! I adopted her out only to time travel a day forward to obtain another villager that I wanted, only to load up the game and discover that I had gotten snake from a void! I honestly didn’t think it could get worse than that. I have yet to move him out. I was able to get my wanted villager though but it literally took my 4 hours to move someone undesirable out.

I don't understand this. He said he was moving on the 10th and I've ignored his pings every time he pinged me and yet he's still sticking around and he's not even in boxes. What the hell is going on? Why is this game doing this to me? I just want him gone!

I'm over it. I'm restarting. I'm tired of getting frustrated over this one villager. He said he was moving and yet he's still him. I"m not dealing with this anymore. I'm finished. Sorry Ossipri and the villagers there but Mayor Raven has had ENOUGH. Obviously this town is glitched. There's no other explanation for it because I knew the exact day he was supposed to leave and today was that day, and I haven't spoken to him since he pinged me to move so I know he didn't change his mind. I even time traveled to tomorrow and he's isn't in boxes tomorrow either.

I know this same thing will likely happen in a new town, a villager in the way and never leaving and that's why I'm seriously considering just trading this game in or selling it and getting another game because it should be obvious to the people who know my posts that I spend more time ranting about this game than actually having fun with it. Games should be fun, not rant inducing so I might not even be playing this game anymore, even if I do restart.

Remember I said you have to talk to them every day, then save the game when they say they are still moving, as if you ignore them, as I did once, they may not move.

Nobody listened to me.

This is what *can* happen, so you MUST talk to them once a day, to make certain they are still moving, right up til the day before.

It's the 100% safe way to make sure they actually leave.

If this game is that rant-inducing to you then maybe the game really isn't for you. I would say take a step back and take a long break, a few months at least, see how you feel about the game then. In case you restart and still can't find joy after a few months away from it, it's probably best to trade it in for something different or sell it. Playing a game that ticks you off regularly isn't what video games are supposed to be - like you said it's supposed to be fun.

Yeah, after I made this thread, I made a blog saying I'm considering parting ways with this game and taking a break from the forums. I agree a game shouldn't be this frustrating and it's not worth my energy getting angry over it. I don't know if I'm going to sell it or trade it in, I didn't even restart my town. For now, I threw it into a drawer. I don't want to go off and do something I'll regret later just because I'm annoyed right now.

Oh, no! Darn that sneaky bird! He must have changed his mind without talking to you. I didn't know they could do that!
BAD, Cranston! BAD, BAD, BAD, bird! *sends Cranston to sit in the corner*

I am sorry this happened to you :( I know how badly you wanted to get rid of him. Good luck with your new town if you do decide to restart.

Thank you. Cranston is a pain. This game does really get under my skin. But I haven't restarted. I'm going to take a break from this game and see what i want to do. It's just too much right now. It was at the point when I logged onto the game saw this annoying pimple bird was still in my town when he said he was leaving today, I literally saw red. I can't let a game get me that mad. So I made a blog explaining I'm considering parting ways with this game. It's not worth my energy anymore.

Perhaps you spoke to him briefly and didn’t notice? Or talked to him by accident. Or even worse you told him you did want him to leave and he said no I want to stay I change my mind :eek:

Nope, he kept pinging me and I keep running away.

Maybe it could be because his pings were ignored after that first encounter with him, it ended up being the game didn't set him to move-out at all? I'm not sure if that can happen but it's a theory. Either way sorry to hear that and that it's become so frustrating for you. I would recommend not deleting and instead just take a break for a good while and play some other games in the meantime.

You know, knowing the way this game operates, it won't be surprising if it did something sneaky like that. I didn't delete Ossipri, I'm going to restart my Pokemon Y game and continue my other games. I put Animal Crossing in a drawer and it can stay in there and collect dust for all I care.

Also I don’t suggest trading in the game , a lot of the times they don’t give you an equivalent fair amount for it..and I have a feeling you might miss it in the future. Stop playing it for a while and then come back to it. I know how you feel about the villagers and I understand that it gets frustrating but the game is very fun! Just yesterday, sprinkle finally asked to ping out after forever! I adopted her out only to time travel a day forward to obtain another villager that I wanted, only to load up the game and discover that I had gotten snake from a void! I honestly didn’t think it could get worse than that. I have yet to move him out. I was able to get my wanted villager though but it literally took my 4 hours to move someone undesirable out.

I'm not deleting my town or selling the game or trading it. I don't want to go and do something I'll regret later out of frustration. I'm going to do the thing people have suggested to me to do a million times that people suggest I do and I should have done a long time ago which is take...a...break.

Remember I said you have to talk to them every day, then save the game when they say they are still moving, as if you ignore them, as I did once, they may not move.

Nobody listened to me.

This is what *can* happen, so you MUST talk to them once a day, to make certain they are still moving, right up til the day before.

Well it wasn't my intention to ignore your suggestion but it doesn't really matter anymore. I decided to take a break from this game anyways.

I feel like deleting my town a dozen times a day, then I realize it's not that bad. Whatever problem I have can be fixed.

You can get rid of that unwanted villager.

Just step back, as you are doing, and come back to it with a calm, clear head. ^_^

Nobody listened to me.

I never even knew that they could change their mind. Is this new because of the update? I always just tt forward when they say they are leaving and I no longer want them.

I never even knew that they could change their mind. Is this new because of the update? I always just tt forward when they say they are leaving and I no longer want them.

Yes they can change their minds after they tell you they are leaving. It usually happens more with villagers you aren't good friends with.

i know your feel , i had jambette in my town via the void for around a year , and she wouldnt ping for anything ! she finally moved out before i went on hiatus(think i paid someone to take her when she did ping) i recently learned of time traveling around the time so that may be why
id say to just time travel to the date again , sometimes they move out without telling you
also i think resetting the town is your best bet, or buying a digital copy .

I think squidpops is right.I looked at your thread from Dec.31 about Cranston finally pinging and you said that you exited the game without saving and ignored all of Cranston's pings after that.I think the game regarded Cranston's moving situation as unresolved since the last thing he said was that he had changed his mind about moving.When his moving date arrived his situation was still unresolved so he stayed put.

Have you tried TTing a couple more days forward? I don't know if it's an actual thing, but could the game have set a different move-out time after you didn't save the first time he pinged?

You probably already said this somewhere already, but do you have access to amiibo cards and a system that reads them? If so, I'd really suggest using a card that you like to move him out (although amiibo move-ins won't generally want to move, so you'd have to choose v. wisely).

I feel for you - it can be frustrating to try to initiate things in the game, but I also think that maybe it's time to assess your own mindset/behaviour. Trading in the game/stopping playing is only going to be winning one battle. And worse still, you might end up trading in the game only to feel the urge to play again...

That must have sucked. Cranston's been in my town since I started it back in August and he's been a constant thorn in my side. And this game is definitely making sure he stays. I am taking a break from this game (I'm supposed to be taking a break from this forum too but you see how well THAT'S going) but to be honest I think when I do go back to the game, it will be a villager I don't want gone without warning while Cranston is still chilling in my camp site.

It's not even about the campsite anymore, I already built the campsite so that's not the problem. The problem is he said he was leaving and he still here, and the only way I can get rid of him is spending MORE real life money on something I"m going to use one time, just to get rid of him. I don't know if I"m going to restart because it's going to just be the same thing in my new town: villagers in they way, taking forever to leave, then when they do decide to leave, they done.

BTW, I've had about 7 villager come and go in my town, and with each one, I told them 'Bye Felicia' and ignored them until they were gone even when they pinged me. And they left. I did the same thing with Cranston yet, he's still here, why? Because this game knows I don't want him so it's making sure he sticks around even after he said he was leaving. It knows, people. I am not crazy.

I don't know, I just remember my Mathilda changed her mind, so I turned it off without saving and talked to her again to make sure she was still moving.

I did this every day until she was gone. ^_^

I think squidpops is right.I looked at your thread from Dec.31 about Cranston finally pinging and you said that you exited the game without saving and ignored all of Cranston's pings after that.I think the game regarded Cranston's moving situation as unresolved since the last thing he said was that he had changed his mind about moving.When his moving date arrived his situation was still unresolved so he stayed put.

After I turned the game off after that, I turned it back on, and when Cranston said he was leaving, I told him bye that time he decided to leave I saved the game. Then after that, I ignored all of his pings and now this.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Have you tried TTing a couple more days forward? I don't know if it's an actual thing, but could the game have set a different move-out time after you didn't save the first time he pinged?

You probably already said this somewhere already, but do you have access to amiibo cards and a system that reads them? If so, I'd really suggest using a card that you like to move him out (although amiibo move-ins won't generally want to move, so you'd have to choose v. wisely).

I feel for you - it can be frustrating to try to initiate things in the game, but I also think that maybe it's time to assess your own mindset/behaviour. Trading in the game/stopping playing is only going to be winning one battle. And worse still, you might end up trading in the game only to feel the urge to play again...

I only TT until tomorrow then got annoyed again when I saw he was still lurking about and turned the game off. I don't have Amiibo cards I don't know when I'll be able to get any. I thought I was going to be able to buy some on the first but things happened and I never got around to it, but my 3DS does read them.

I'm not going to trade my game in or sell it. If I'm going to do anything drastic, it will be restarting my town. I even have a cool town name and mayor name picked out just in case.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Rip HappyTails from the forums (temporarily) April 20, 2017 - January 10, 2018

LOL, I'm still here for some reason. -_-

Annoying pimple Cranston (yes that's his nickname for him now) is sucking the fun out of Ossipri.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The new town name I have picked out for my 'just in case' is ironic considering I"m always annoyed with this game. Thus I'm laughing really hard right now. I think I lost my mind.......

- - - Post Merge - - -

Should I time travel back to the 31st to get Cranston to ping me again then tt back to today for pimple to move out?

Last edited:
This game is weird. I didn't know they could change their mind either at first. Rowan said he was leaving and I said ok. A day or two later he pinged me and talked about moving again. I said ok again and he changed his mind. After that I learned not to talk to them once they say they are leaving.
Ironically I got a goodbye letter from him last week and I had no idea he was even planning to leave this time. I'd take him from you if I could cause I know how annoying when you can't get a villager to leave. On a related note, if a villager asks you to leave think long and hard if you really want them to stay cause they may never ask to leave again(trust me I learned the hard way).

This game is weird. I didn't know they could change their mind either at first. Rowan said he was leaving and I said ok. A day or two later he pinged me and talked about moving again. I said ok again and he changed his mind. After that I learned not to talk to them once they say they are leaving.
Ironically I got a goodbye letter from him last week and I had no idea he was even planning to leave this time. I'd take him from you if I could cause I know how annoying when you can't get a villager to leave. On a related note, if a villager asks you to leave think long and hard if you really want them to stay cause they may never ask to leave again(trust me I learned the hard way).

I really don't like when they change their minds, and it's always the villagers that are in the way that stick around.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was looking at new maps for my 'just in case' (why do I feel like I'm justifying myself?) :/

And guess who was in the town of a map I got off the train to look at? Yeah, I shut that off right away.

Back