• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Cranston is still in my town, he was supposed to leave today!

LOL! Rest in Peace the chances of HappyTails having Cranston ever again. If you happen to see this before your break, then will you continue your time travelling promise?

I'm restarting my town. i'm just waiting on someone to respond back about holding a few things for me so I can reset. This town is annoying. I don't think taking a break is going to do anything. I mean, I take a break from Ossipri, then I come back and get annoyed again because it's just going to be the same town I got annoyed with in the first place. Time traveling is another reason I'm restarting, because I don't time travel and I did a lot of time traveling yesterday and now Ossipri just doesn't feel right anymore.

You're going to reset your game just because of Cranston? You do realize that there's going to be another Cranston or more in your next town. It might not be the same exact villager, but they'll be an inconvenience in some way.

Maybe I didn't see your reason why, but why are you against using amiibo cards? This would cause you the least amount of grief and roughly costs $20 for the card reader and a card.

You're going to reset your game just because of Cranston? You do realize that there's going to be another Cranston or more in your next town. It might not be the same exact villager, but they'll be an inconvenience in some way.

Maybe I didn't see your reason why, but why are you against using amiibo cards? This would cause you the least amount of grief and roughly costs $20 for the card reader and a card.

No, I'm not resetting just because of Cranston. I'm just not motivated to play in this town anymore. Cranston is one of the reasons I'm restarting but he's not the main reason. I feel more like I'm forcing myself to play instead of playing for fun. I've played for 5 months in this town, and I feel like it's pretty much run it's course with me. Hopefully I'll stick to the next town for longer. And I have nothing against Amiibo cards. I'm also not against using them.

Edit: I also said I'm restarting because i time traveled and as a result Ossipri doesn't feel right anymore.

Last edited:

At this point Cranston himself is the problem. She's wanted him gone for months even though she found a better campsite location, and after he finally planned to move, he changed his mind without telling her.

Lots of people delete save files for a variety of games, not just Animal Crossing, because of something specific that they don't like. I deleted my first Skyrim character because by the time I reached the endgame, I detested my early-game decision to side with the Stormcloaks. Sure it was a bit irritating to play through everything again to level myself up for the DLCs, but it was worth it emotionally to not have to deal with obnoxious jarls that reminded me of the decision I hated in every. single. city.

I'll never understand the stigma around restarting if that's what it takes to make the game fun for you again - they aren't the ones who have to play your save file every day. So HappyTails, I say do whatever makes you happy, and may your future town(s) be Cranston-free. :)

Since I don't get do-overs in my life, it's nice that a game can he restarted for whatever reason. I've been restarting towns this fall. Some "take" and I keep those towns and develop them, some "don't take" and I restart those. Happytails, enjoy your new town. I look forward to you posting about its progress whenever that might be.

At this point Cranston himself is the problem. She's wanted him gone for months even though she found a better campsite location, and after he finally planned to move, he changed his mind without telling her.

Lots of people delete save files for a variety of games, not just Animal Crossing, because of something specific that they don't like. I deleted my first Skyrim character because by the time I reached the endgame, I detested my early-game decision to side with the Stormcloaks. Sure it was a bit irritating to play through everything again to level myself up for the DLCs, but it was worth it emotionally to not have to deal with obnoxious jarls that reminded me of the decision I hated in every. single. city.

I'll never understand the stigma around restarting if that's what it takes to make the game fun for you again - they aren't the ones who have to play your save file every day. So HappyTails, I say do whatever makes you happy, and may your future town(s) be Cranston-free. :)

Exactly this.

I mean, restarting might be a bad thing to some people and yeah it's probably best to stick with it and play through the annoyance, but at this point, 5 months of non sense from this ONE villager is more than I can take. Yeah, I losing my museum and shops and stuff but that's stuff that is easy to get back. Someone is holding my rare items so I don't have worry about losing that. Cranston has been a big thorn in my side since August and when he decided to move he changes his mind without telling me forcing me to unwilling stick with him even longer. Yeah a villager in my new town might be just as annoying as Cranston and if that villager sticks around in the way for 5 months and never moves, then you bet I'll restart again.

And I've never really like the map to begin with. I only stuck it out because I was determined to get the Emporium. Now that I did, I can restart with no regrets.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Since I don't get do-overs in my life, it's nice that a game can he restarted for whatever reason. I've been restarting towns this fall. Some "take" and I keep those towns and develop them, some "don't take" and I restart those. Happytails, enjoy your new town. I look forward to you posting about its progress whenever that might be.

Thank you. It's is nice to have the option to restart. I'll definitely post some pictures of my progress.

lol guys I never said I don't get restarting. I just asked if Cranston was the reason HappyTails wanted to restart, they could just use a amiibo card. They're free to do whatever they want. I was just thinking there's easier ways to get them to move then to do a complete wipe.

I'd still invest in a reader and some cards cause more then likely you'll get another troublesome villager.

Back