• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Should Oprah Winfrey run for president?

Should Oprah run for president?

• Yes

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 23 71.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nintendofan85

Good grief.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7144-2399-2801
Green Candy
Red Candy
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Ancient Candle
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
Oprah Winfrey has discussed possibly running in the 2020 election when Donald Trump will be seeking re-election. Do you think she should run?

i dont see why not. anyone can run for president so if she thinks shes capable then she can do it
should she?? i know jack **** about her personal life, her education, and her beliefs, so i wont make a comment in that regard

I'm not American, but no.

No more celebrities in government.

I still can't believe you folks elected Trump. o_O

While I think she would have a very good chance of winning and I do like her as a person, I'm a bit skeptical of her running for president. I know that has been involved with government a few times, but she has basically next to no experience. Kinda like another person who won the elections for being famous :thinking:

And yeah, I think I would be fine with her as a president (She is an excellent role model and leader), but in general I feel like this whole "Oprah Winfrey is running in 2020!!" thing is being overhyped. I don't think that the democratic party should look for someone to run against Donald Trump simply because they're a celebrity, do you know what I mean?

- - - Post Merge - - -

And to clear that up a bit, I'm mostly saying that I'll believe it when I see it, and if I see it, I want to see results.

Last edited:
She panders to what people want. She used to have a very conservative attitude towards gay people and atheism and things like that, but now she's better because she's trying to appeal to people.

I guess she's comparable to Hilary Clinton in that sense. Would I have preferred Hilary to Trump? Of course. Oprah to Bernie? No way!

I don't know how much she knows about politics and I don't even live in the U.S. but I think she's very inspirational leader and a great role model. At the very least she's 100x better than Trump

She panders to what people want. She used to have a very conservative attitude towards gay people and atheism and things like that, but now she's better because she's trying to appeal to people.

I guess she's comparable to Hilary Clinton in that sense. Would I have preferred Hilary to Trump? Of course. Oprah to Bernie? No way!

Can you link me to any evidence to back up your statements please? I'm curious about that.

Well anyone could run it better than Trump but yeah if she really has that conservative views then no.

If the 2020 presidential debate is between Kanye West and Oprah Winfrey, then I will lose all faith and hope in our presidential qualification system.

If the 2020 presidential debate is between Kanye West and Oprah Winfrey, then I will lose all faith and hope in our presidential qualification system.

More like whoever are your people behind electoral voting system since they vote for Trump and not you directly but, yeah lol.

Didn't The Rock and Michael Moore also hint at running for president? *sigh*

Being competent should be a better qualification than being famous, that's what I think.

Didn't The Rock and Michael Moore also hint at running for president? *sigh*

Being competent should be a better qualification than being famous, that's what I think.

Yeah, and having sane views and not being some capitalist tv series dude.

Could anyone please give evidence of Oprah having a "conservative attitude towards gay people and atheists"? I can't find anything on it except the homophobic preacher situation.

Anyway, I'm not a supporter of Oprah running for President in 2020. I feel as though it would ruin her. Morally, she is a good woman. She has a good heart and has had a rough past, she uses her fortune and success to help others out of kindness. She is admirable and has advocated for everything I believe in mostly.

Politics is filth, she isn't filth; in fact, she is squeaky clean so why should she by involved with the clutter when 1. She lacks the experience 2. She WOULD win?

It will be Dump all over again except it is a good person who has to endure such a struggle in such a difficult position, she won't be near her garden as much because of her predecessor's mess; he gets the luxury of playing golf all the god damn time because Obama wasn't that bad. Lack of experience means a struggle is inevitable for Oprah and I don't want that for her.

She is a TV personality however and that is not what a country needs but unfortunately it is what the US wants, Trump is evident of that. A President is not supposed to be a personality like Trump is or Obama was, they are meant to be firm leaders who can give a country what they need (thats the idea, never plans out that way) and I doubt Oprah could do that, even though she is a leader albeit a different kind of leader, a social leader, not a political leader (she has never really been in to politics in the way others were).

I'm glad Dump is the President for one reason and one reason only, it will destroy him and he will not be re-elected unless the American Public decides to be absolute idiots who put themselves in the same predicament with two equally as bad nominees for the office like they did in 2016. So ****ing shameful. One of the most Patriotic Nation's in the world has to consider something, how will this effect the world? You are the No. 1 Country after all, right? So you have a lot of responsibility and that extends to your allies because wars are things you know...a massive war is pending at the moment and the orange cheeto dummy is worried about the size of his button compared to Dim Jong-Dung on the other side of the word; so he goes on Twitter to make that clear because it is substantial information.

- - - Post Merge - - -

me, an intellectual: KANYE 4 PRES

11,000 people voted for Harambe. This is the current US generation, yay! Let's vote Kanye and kill the world or just the USA once and for all. woo!

Last edited:
i mean, i'd rather have anyone over trump but like
please
please
can we have an actual politician as the president
please

why do u guys want actual politicians we know theyre easily bought out and corrupt too. and many of them have the same level of understanding of government as any idiot off the street.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i think your career and experience dont really matter when running i think its more about education and exposure to the world

Last edited:
11,000 people voted for Harambe. This is the current US generation, yay! Let's vote Kanye and kill the world or just the USA once and for all. woo!
i wasn't being serious
yeah haha let's all waste our vote for a good ol SLAP on the knee hahahahaha

Back