• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pancakes: Thick or thin?

thick or thin?

• Total voters
Thin pancakes are light and nice, whereas thick pancakes give me a stomach ache.

lol, yeah i just googled thin american pancakes and bruh too thick man

I've lived in the USA my whole life and never once have I seen a pancake anywhere near as thick as the first one!!!

That being said, the bottom one is pretty much what 98% of pancakes look like here.

Last edited:
All pancakes are good pancakes. From crepes to fluffy thick cake like Japanese pancakes, they're all amazing! Mostly when I make pancakes they're just around 1cm thick, but I stack them up with lots of butter and syrup! =D

i love crispy pancakes and fluffy pancakes. maybe a fluffy thick pancake with super crisped faces?

I eat like 1 pancake and I've had enough so probably the thinner the better. The "thin" ones in the original post look pretty thick to me honestly lol and the thick ones are giving me indigestion just looking at them.

I've had a crepe only once and it was a "dinner style" crepe or whatever so it had like, chicken on it and stuff.. I'd like to try a sweet/dessert crepe sometime.

i love all pancakes, but i slightly prefer thin pancakes because i'm always concerned that there may be uncooked batter in thicker pancakes haha

All pancakes are good pancakes. Embrace pancake equality.

hoLY **** never mind those thick pancakes look a bit too much for me. I've never seen pancakes like that before, I'd regret eating something like that wow. Crepes it is then.

Last edited:
Those 'thin' pancakes are still very thick! A real pancake is like a cr?pe in my opinion, and I'm not even French.

Back