• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Nice to have more letters in the names

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
At least so the town names can by 10 or 12 letters, 8 spaces just seems so short.
I can think of a million different names that I love that are just too long.
And most of the time, condensing the name by removing some less necessary letters just makes it look dumb.
Hopefully the next game....^^

I agree.
8 letters is absurdly small for a decent town name.
The space (if you have one) shouldn't count as a letter either. :-/

Yeah...we need more space for names! It could be worse, tho. For some games I play, you only get 6 spaces for names and that really sucks.

Yes, I definitely agree. The developers should know that some town names are compound words and are obviously more than eight letters. I’m just thinking of what is stopping the game from doing this. Maybe it’s because the bulletin board sometimes addresses the Town’s name, and maybe it needs to have space with a maximum of 8 characters? :confused:

12 would be a great size for names and town names too! some games i play only have like 5 or 6 letter spaces for names so i can't even type mine and have to use a nickname

I'm really hoping the Switch version of AC will have a larger character limit. I've been wanting to name a town Daguerreo forEVER, and it's one letter too long.

Back