• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do new villagers take a while to ping you?

isabellaoosten

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hello! I've played ACNL for over a year now and none of my villagers have ever moved out until a week ago. A week ago i scanned in 2 amiibos to get Wolf link and Medli to move into my town. All worked well, i had to move out one of my previous villagers so Medli could move in. Wolf Link was my 10th villager. They've been living in my town for 3+ days now and i've been talking to them constantly but they won't ping me! Since i had all my other villagers move in at the start of the game i can't remember if this is normal or not. Do new villagers have to build up a bond with you first before they will ping you? Or are they supposed to ping you straight away? Thanks in advance!!

I noticed my newest villager is pashima which i got from a void. She didn’t start pinging me until just recently . So perhaps that’s the case. I was really annoyed about it.

Are you trying to get them to ping you for PWPs? With my villagers at least, it's random who pings me and when. My newest move-in is Merengue and she hasn't pinged me, although she lives and spends a lot of her time in a part of town I never visit. Other villagers ping me every other day it seems like.

Ah well maybe it's just something that tends to happen, then? I have her in my town as well but i got her in my first week of playing so i can't remember if she does that or not! She does ping me now, so... I just want wolf link and Medli to do the same :')

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not really! I'm just waiting for them to ping me once, for whatever it may be. All of my villagers ping me multiple times a day since i've been playing a lot lately so it really stands out that W. Link and Medli aren't doing that. I do talk to them a lot so i don't think it's because we don't interact much.

Chelsea didn't ping me (to talk) for two weeks. O_O

I haven't scanned any amiibos into my new town, but Graham was my 8th villager who moved in on the 6th January then two days later on the 8th (yesterday) he pinged me that he wants to move out on the 15th January! (I've said no, but what triggered the ping was Rooney plotting his house as the 9th villager yesterday...) I had sent Graham a couple of letters and talked to him a bit though.

That's pretty quick! W. Link has been in my town for 4 full days now (after unpacking his stuff) but he still hasn't pinged me once. I did send him a letter and talked to him lots! Medli has been in my town for 3 full days but still, nothing. I actually just loaded up my game and Medli was the first villager i ran into but she didn't ping me. I was wondering if this was normal or not since my game has been acting a little strange in general.

Yep, and she's only started talking to me a bit more over the past week. Lol ^_^

Haha well i'm glad she did! I guess i gotta be patient :') I've been sending both of them letters and i've been talking to them lots so hopefully they'll ping me eventually. I'd like to be invited to their houses or just have them asking me for favors etc.

Haha well i'm glad she did! I guess i gotta be patient :') I've been sending both of them letters and i've been talking to them lots so hopefully they'll ping me eventually. I'd like to be invited to their houses or just have them asking me for favors etc.

I say no to all requests though.
I don't deliver because I don't want to start another tulip shirt trend, and the deliveries are almost always a horrid shirt.
I don't accept invitations to villagers houses, or let villagers come to my house, as I can't even keep RL appointments, let alone AC ones.

I won't catch fish or bugs for them, as animals don't belong in cages, nor do bugs, and fish don't belong in tanks.

I won't pick them fruit, as it makes the town look ugly with bare trees, plus I am not their slave. ^_^

Last edited:
I say no to all requests though.
I don't deliver because I don't want to start another tulip shirt trend, and the deliveries are almost always a horrid shirt.
I don't accept invitations to villagers houses, or let villagers come to my house, as I can't even keep RL appointments, let alone AC ones.

I won't catch fish or bugs for them, as animals don't belong in cages, nor do bugs, and fish don't belong in tanks.

I won't pick them fruit, as it makes the town look ugly with bare trees, plus I am not their slave. ^_^

Well, i can see why! I used to decline all of their requests for months but i've recently started playing a lot again so i find it more fun now. It really gets in the way if you just want to do your everyday routine real quick or want to keep your town and villagers' houses clean. I wanted to keep Wolf Link's house original but he already placed a piece of furniture in there which DOESN'T match and i didn't even give it to him :mad:

Well, i can see why! I used to decline all of their requests for months but i've recently started playing a lot again so i find it more fun now. It really gets in the way if you just want to do your everyday routine real quick or want to keep your town and villagers' houses clean. I wanted to keep Wolf Link's house original but he already placed a piece of furniture in there which DOESN'T match and i didn't even give it to him :mad:

I used to do all requests, until that's all the game consisted of.

I never had a chance to work on other things in the game, and now I do. ^_^

I'm actually really frustrated because during a trade for Meringue, I didn't have my tenth villager in boxes when I talk to her, and by the time I did get him in boxes I couldn't get her dialogue anymore, so when I went back to my town I accidentally TT one day ahead so a rando moved in. >_<###!!!

I have now since found another Meringue someone is holding for me until I sort this mess, but I can't get the rando to ping me to move. I've been at this for over 24 hours, TT'ing around, and literally every Villager has asked at least once, my top of dreamies like Diana though, has asked at least 20 times to move. 20!!! But the rando has not asked once! I have spoken to him, I've even invited him to my house, been invited to his, sent him a letter, give him fruit request, I don't know how much more friendly I need to be to get him to move. I have TT'd months ahead, even years ahead, and still nothing! Any suggestions?

It depends, I've had villagers ping the day after they move in or eons after! Good luck!

It depends, I've had villagers ping the day after they move in or eons after! Good luck!

Yeah and like, I've been playing this game for five years, and when I've had unwanted randos move in before, I honestly do not remember how long it took. It's been so long that I've had to deal with this problem LOL!

This works very well, Let me know if you have any questions, I use this all the time.
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?82107-Guide-Fool-Proof-Guide-to-Moving-Villagers-OUT

I've basically been doing this exact thing but doing 7 Day intervals instead of four. This Rando is my 10th villager so I'm in a particular situation. I've also been doing the 7-Day interval like I said for over 24 hours, and literally every villager in my town has asked to move but him. So I don't know what it is. I've read somewhere that sometimes the last villager won't move, you have to make another villager move first, but I don't want to do that! Everybody else I want to keep LOL!

ALRIGHT!!! EVERYONE UPDATE YOUR GUIDES THIS WORKS!!! WOO-HOO!! I LOVE WIIIIISP. Freaking 47 hours and I just happened to stumble across this Reddit thread and I cannot believe this works LOL! Basically if you have the card of the Villager you want to move in, you can literally kick out anybody you want! Granted, if you don't want them to plop their house anywhere willy-nilly, you have to have that fourth villager still available to do the plot rotating, but anyways! I'm so happy!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCros...sa_wisp_and_the_amiibo_cards_override_the_16/

Back