Racist guy on Tortimer Island

I'm sorry, but yeah take in mind a lot of jackass trolls go there, so don't take stuff personally or just ignore weirdos.

Only thing I had happen there was people chopping off everything lol, I don't go there often so :3

I wouldn't say this is as uncomfortable as what you've been through, but I dislike it when someone is trying to search for a boyfriend/girlfriend as it gets really awkward when all I want to do is catch bugs and go on tours.

Ah, yeah, this sort of stuff is exactly the reason why I don't bother with Club Tortimer.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Ah, yeah, this sort of stuff is exactly the reason why I don't bother with Club Tortimer.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Same, and yeah those thinking it's a dating service is almost even more annoying :/

And yeah I pop by sometimes if there's some ct island thing i want maybe but yeah not often

So sorry that happened to you. Coming from a background similar up what you describe (different ethnicity/races, but same animosity shown between family members), it's never easy to hear things like that. I limit my CT visits for the very reason you describe. It's bad enough dealing with it irl; no one should be subjected to it in game play that's supposed to be fun and relaxing....

Yeah, it really hit me hard, but I won?t let it stop me from enjoying the game and meeting new friends at the island. Thank you for being so understanding. ^^ Also, thanks to everyone else who replied, I feel better now.

Last edited:
I've never something like that happen to me personally, but what happened to you really sucks. I don't know what this guy's like or what he's been taught, but a lot of Chinese/Japanese folks have it pretty well ingrained to dislike one another b/c of war atrocities. But Chiense people are just getting a lot of flak overall these days, since they're one of the prime targets for progressive/green/human rights/etc. thinkers. I guess your best bet would just be to ignore them where you can't do anything else

Last edited:
lol I had people cuss me out constantly on club tortimer for a variety of reasons. One of them being that I didn't have enough badges. So throughout the whole time I was there, they just kept telling me I was worthless, should kill myself, ect ect...they had some 'yes' man who tagged along.

I honestly find it more entertaining than anything else. Just forget about him. Why let some random person ruin your day? Judge the person not what they are. Life is too short to worry about what some goofball, you'll most likely never hear or see from again, thinks about you.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. People can be jerks on the Internet, because it's easy to do so, unfortunately. When I go to CT, I don't really talk to anyone, whether they seem friendly or not. I say hi and that's it.

I never had anyone ask me for personal information like some people on here did but I did have someone ask me for fruit then left when I said I didn't have any.

I myself don't understand why people have problems with people with different races or ethinicites. We are all humans, you cut us open and we all bleed the same, so I don't understand it.

Last edited:
I recently had a bad experience where I go on and see this French person, so I say hi. She immediately replies with "hi big * head" I then said, "What's that supposed to mean?" "big * head" (I don't know why there was a star) then she said "you stink like a monkeys bottoc" and then she left. I actually found this really funny. Just don't listen to anything negative someone says and you'll be fine. I do enjoy going on CT and playing tours with other people.

I've never something like that happen to me personally, but what happened to you really sucks. I don't know what this guy's like or what he's been taught, but a lot of Chinese/Japanese folks have it pretty well ingrained to dislike one another b/c of war atrocities. But Chiense people are just getting a lot of flak overall these days, since they're one of the prime targets for progressive/green/human rights/etc. thinkers. I guess your best bet would just be to ignore them where you can't do anything else

It's so sad how true a lot of these things are but I also find it sad the amount of hate Japanese people get from Chinese people, especially the older generations who accuse them being things they aren't, or rather, for being things they were trained to be and how they were trained to view the opposing side. I've experienced firsthand just how intense the ethnocentrism/hate can get..

: /

I'm very sorry this has happened to you. :(
unfortunately club tortimer can have some nasty people, but really any time people are able to chat unmoderated on the internet: the nasty folks come out.

That's really rude... it sucks how bad our world is today. I'm really sorry that happened to you! Hope you don't feel weird (kind of at a loss of an emotion for this) going back to Tortimer Island again.

It's so sad how true a lot of these things are but I also find it sad the amount of hate Japanese people get from Chinese people, especially the older generations who accuse them being things they aren't, or rather, for being things they were trained to be and how they were trained to view the opposing side. I've experienced firsthand just how intense the ethnocentrism/hate can get..

: /
Yeah, I?ve dealt with hatred coming from both sides and it?s definitely not a nice experience either way.

Last edited:
Back