• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Racist guy on Tortimer Island

A lot of the times when I go I see a lot of people asking age. And too many immature players in the island. This makes me a bit uncomfortable since a lot are mostly younger than me. I rarely go anymore with other people.

And yeah, I basically only visit island to watch out for rare items or do lone tours in the meantime if they do have something I want! My tip is to ignore like everyone unless you are going with someone you know, 99% of the randoms are bad eggs so, yeah just don't sparkle something if they try talking to you.

I’m really sorry that this has happened to you. I hope you never get future encounters like this.
If I were you, I’d recommend to go on the local island and not the international one. Since I’m in a country where nobody would know what Animal Crossing is, I’d basically just have that island to myself. You would find too many players that are ready to annoy the heck out of you in the international island. I’m not sure if this differs with other people, but in my opinion, I have had a better experience with the local island.

don't take it personally.
the Japanese and Chinese have a bit of a rough past to say the least
it's generally accepted in each of their own cultures that they hate the other.

its the same with pretty much all of Europe and Germany, ( al lot of people still resent Germany for WW2 )
just ignore it.

when i say that i am part German, a lot of people get mad at me because they were bad people in the past ( the Germans i meant )
i don't take it personally, and i don't see it as discrimination in any way, shape, or form

Everytime someone does something stupid I have this in my head..if a guy with a perm and mustache playing electric piano wearing a vest can make money singing. Then someone is bound to like me and bound to also hate me.

Last edited:
im sorry you experienced that. i haven't been using the online island for very long, but one weird experience is when some guy started yelling at me for replanting the trees he chopped down.

Back