• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Please leave my house omg..

squidpops

🌈🌴🍯
Bells
Switch
4283-9990-2999
Hello I just wanted to make a small vent post because I hate my villagers lmao
Three times I have invited villagers to my house; Goldie, Rory and now Bob. Every single one of them has stayed in my house for nearly 10 minutes or even more! Last time with Rory I had to leave my house and not get a letter from him because he just. would. NOT. leave. Now Bob is here and he won't get out. I've talked to them all multiple times, I only have one room even so it's not a matter of showing them all rooms, they just won't go. I'm not looking for a roommate you obnoxious critters, get out!!

I am never inviting another villager to my house ever again. I've learned my lesson..even if it took three times lmao Okay vent over.. Does anyone else have this problem of villagers staying for ridiculously long times?

Last edited:
If you go into inventory mode, checking storage, or use the bf chat, they leave faster for some reason.

If you go into inventory mode, checking storage, or use the bf chat, they leave faster for some reason.

Thank you! I'll have to try that from now on (even if I don't plan on inviting them, they could still drop in unannounced >>).

I will never let them in again.
I had Wolfgang there for almost half an hour. O_O

I don't visit them either.
Once you're in, it's Hotel California.

You can never leave.

Did you take them to every room and spoke to them 1-2 times in each room? Usually works for me and they spend less than 3 minutes total in my house. After talking to them in each room, if they still don't leave, opening a drawer or secret storage and messing with items for a few seconds usually does it and when I close storage, they almost always leave afterwards. :)

I usually sit in a chair then the real me goes to fold laundry, make bed, grab a cup of coffee etc. If the intruder is still there, the other me will just walk out and go fishing or whatever...

I trot them through the entire house straight away, talk to them a couple times in each room. I found them to make a quick exit if I flush one of the toilets lol. It also has worked when I turn on the music box. I've never had any stay more than 2 or 3 minutes. It's worth it for me to get the present.

You guys......> < they'll leave when you leave, so just see your self out.

Did you take them to every room and spoke to them 1-2 times in each room? Usually works for me and they spend less than 3 minutes total in my house. After talking to them in each room, if they still don't leave, opening a drawer or secret storage and messing with items for a few seconds usually does it and when I close storage, they almost always leave afterwards. :)

I don't have any other rooms at the moment, just the big main one. I ended up just suspending the game while I uploaded a few pics to the browser, when I unsuspended Bob left shortly after thankfully :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

I will never let them in again.
I had Wolfgang there for almost half an hour. O_O

I don't visit them either.
Once you're in, it's Hotel California.

You can never leave.

I like visiting them because you just have to talk to them once then you can go immediately haha Plus sometimes I want to buy things they have in their house.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You guys......> < they'll leave when you leave, so just see your self out.

Yeah but then you don't get a present in the mail afterwards. I'm trying to raise friendship levels for pwps so I'm tyring not to deny their requests or cut them short or anything :p Though definitely not inviting anyone over again lol

I like visiting them because you just have to talk to them once then you can go immediately haha Plus sometimes I want to buy things they have in their house.

I visited Eunice when I had her in my town, and went to leave as soon as I got there.
I couldn't.
I was trapped.

She kept saying "You can't leave yet, you haven't been here long enough".

I was able to leave after about 45 seconds.

I don't like being trapped, be it RL, or a game.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever had this problem but just recently Chester asked to come over to my house, I went and waited there at the set time for like 10 minutes (sometimes they're late but usually not THAT much) before I finally got his dialogue box announcing that he had arrived. But when I went to the main room to greet him, he wasn't there. I was like ??? and wandered around for like another 30 seconds before Chester actually walked in the door lmao and then he kept not following me into rooms when I went into them? It was so weird. It took awhile but I eventually did get him around the house so he could leave. haha

the thing that really annoys me is their random drop-in visits. They just do it way too much. I go into my house to rearrange a room or put things in my storage and as soon as I close my menu I get a villager yelling at me to come to the front door and let them in aaaaaa like haven't u guys heard of calling first

One time I was moving furniture around my house, and I blocked the entrance with a table because I thought that would prevent villagers from coming in... I was wrong lol.

Chief popped in, and I felt so bad but at the same time I didn't because it was hilarious seeing him walk in circles, but he left after like 5 seconds. I guess it's because of me blocking him off??

I know this doesn't relate to what you guys are saying because this is when villagers come in uninvited, but I guess if you just want to chill in your house, block off the entrance and the villager will leave ASAP (dunno if that's 100% true though)

I am glad to know I am not the only one that hates it when they want to come over for a visit.
I don't mind the drop in ones because they don't stay long. But the ones that ask when you are out walking drive me nuts. I also usually just go do something around the house for a while to pass the time.

Last edited:
One time I was moving furniture around my house, and I blocked the entrance with a table because I thought that would prevent villagers from coming in... I was wrong lol.

Chief popped in, and I felt so bad but at the same time I didn't because it was hilarious seeing him walk in circles, but he left after like 5 seconds. I guess it's because of me blocking him off??

I know this doesn't relate to what you guys are saying because this is when villagers come in uninvited, but I guess if you just want to chill in your house, block off the entrance and the villager will leave ASAP (dunno if that's 100% true though)

I might have to try this

Back