I'm finally understanding why the Sanrio set is so coveted.

HopeForHyrule

Bunny Fanatic
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
2496-6703-5894
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Beyond the obvious, "OMG, they're so rare so I have to have them" way. Some of the outfits and furniture items are ADORABLE. I'm especially loving the My Melody dress!

What are your favorite items from this series?

I agree :3 My favorite clothes set is the My Melody stuff. I like the Hello Kitty one second best ^-^

I haven't used most of the furnishings (although I have them all stashed), but a few are in my upstairs suite. I have the regal series, done in a mix of pink, blue, and gold. I used the Cinnamaroll wallpaper and the Cinnamaroll table, because both fit well with the regal (I think).

For outfits, the Hello is cute for casual wear, but I really like the Pompompurin outfit with the beret.

I haven't used most of the furnishings (although I have them all stashed), but a few are in my upstairs suite. I have the regal series, done in a mix of pink, blue, and gold. I used the Cinnamaroll wallpaper and the Cinnamaroll table, because both fit well with the regal (I think).

For outfits, the Hello is cute for casual wear, but I really like the Pompompurin outfit with the beret.

Oh that sounds really pretty! :D For my regal series, I refurbished it green and I used the classic carpet with the regal wall .3.

It really is. I wanted the wallpaper, so the furniture coloring came after.

bedroom.jpg

This isn't a perfect picture, but gives an idea. This is one of my favorite rooms in the house.

i don't have any of the sanrio items, but i can tell from the pictures that the kiki & lala set is my favorite! i really like the fluffy + cloud-like look to all the items and the colors are super pretty as well

Last edited:
Yeah Kiki and Lala together with the Pompompurin things I really like, maaaan. The Kerokerokeroppi stuff is also nice due to their old Japanese feel to it although the items feel a bit random sometimes :p

Omg I want the Sanrio cards so bad... T__T But I've pretty much given hope on finding them.

They're so cute!!! If I ever got them (it would have to be a miracle) I'd probably invite Etoile and Chai in, and order the rest of all their furniture.

I adore the sanrio stuff! It's all so adorable, I'm glad I was able to get all the cards. My favorite set is definitely the Hello Kitty. I also really like the kerokerokeroppi set, it's very much my aesthetic. Really I just love pretty much all of the items from the series lol

There's never anything for dudes to wear.
I am NOT wearing a dress. O_O

I have a nice fanmade Sanrio set. Plus I have Etoile's real card.
I was lucky to find it for $15 on Ebay.

Now the single cards are worth more than my house. :-|

I might be the only one on this forum, but I actually don't like the Sanrio sets at all. They look quite busy to me, and they all seem a little "off"—like they don't quite fit the aesthetic of Animal Crossing. (Same for the villagers themselves.) I also tend to dislike crossovers of any kind; I like to keep each of my interests in its own box rather than having them overlap. I guess the overlap makes me feel like the final product is out of place in both "worlds," if that makes sense. In the case of the Sanrio villagers, it seems like some very weird marketing of other Japanese properties, since they're not even characters from other Nintendo games like the Zelda villagers. It feels like product placement to me, and takes me out of the immersion of the game.

That said, I'm glad they exist, because others clearly enjoy them! I wish the cards were easier to obtain for all you poor souls.

I'm a big fan of the Sanrio sets! My favorite is the Cinnamaroll set (the stool is adorable and reminds me of Chip the tea cup). I also really like the My Melody set. The Hello Kitty dress is my favorite clothing item. I'm happy to have 4 of the cards. Used to have them all but traded Toby and Marty out for other cards. Kinda regret that but was happy to do the trade at the time so it's all good.

yeah, the sanrio items aren’t my favourites. i like frogs so i was excited to see the kerokerokeroppi items but i only like 3 of the furniture items and none of the clothing. the other stuff isn’t exactly my style, except the kiki and lala clock because i love the moon.

There's never anything for dudes to wear.
I am NOT wearing a dress. O_O

I have a nice fanmade Sanrio set. Plus I have Etoile's real card.
I was lucky to find it for $15 on Ebay.

Now the single cards are worth more than my house. :-|

I had to get a fanmade set, too. There was no way I was gonna pay the insane prices on eBay. But I did get a legit Toby card awhile back.

It would be nice if they had some stuff for dudes to wear, though. Two of my towns have guy mayor's, and I'm definitely limited in what I can dress 'em in.

I had to get a fanmade set, too. There was no way I was gonna pay the insane prices on eBay. But I did get a legit Toby card awhile back.

It would be nice if they had some stuff for dudes to wear, though. Two of my towns have guy mayor's, and I'm definitely limited in what I can dress 'em in.

Even Gracie caters mainly to females.
I want a cool hat, one that isn't a hotdog. :-/

Most of the guy stuff sucks.

It's not just eBay. I buy stuff from Japan a lot and so am familiar with a lot of Japanese stores. The prices on those Sanrio cards is ridiculous, like a single card going for more than the equivalent of $40 sometimes. O_O But seeing as both Sanrio and Animal Crossing are pretty big in Japan, it makes sense.

Even Gracie caters mainly to females.
I want a cool hat, one that isn't a hotdog. :-/

Most of the guy stuff sucks.

True. I feel like I'm mostly limited to Link's outfit and maybe like, one other outfit for my guy characters; it's pretty disappointing.

yeah, i never thought about clothing for guys until i made a character based on my boyfriend, omg it's so hard to dress him nicely ;-;

and talking of hats, unless i'm missing something, there is no fez in the game? boyfriend really wants a fez, because fezzes are cool :)

Back