• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Best smugs? Seeking opinions~

Zell and Kyle, cuties both of them!

O'Hare, Chadder, Klaus, Pietro and Toby.

Also, Ken..I can't believe I forgot about him! ;-;

Last edited:
my favourite smug is ken! his design and house are super cool, and i think he's adorable

Eugene is fun; I have him and Keaton in Hollowyn. Keaton I never really warmed up to, but he isn't bad. In Salem, I have Beardo (possibly one of my favorite villagers of all) and W. Link.

If I had to pick two, I'd say Beardo and Eugene.

I've been a Beardo fan for years.

I tried inviting Marshal, Kidd, Curlos, even Julian, but I've come to realize there can only be one smug and that is Beardo.

Lionel is my favorite Smug, mostly because I think his older-gentleman appearance suits the Smug personality much better than the younger look/feel of most of the other Smugs, like Marshal. I disliked Ed (my Smug before Lionel) because his personality rubbed me the wrong way, but with Lionel, the Smug dialogue seems less obnoxious/flirtatious and more like a posh old British man.

I must admit, Julian's house exterior is awesome. Or.. HORSome. ^_^

Lopez and Phil are my faves. Wish they were still in my town. I will say after seeing chuggaaconroy's lets play acnl vids I'm kinda wishing Pietro would come to my town.

Pietro is my absolute favorite villager who happens to be a smug so I say Pietro lol
Julian would be my second choice smug for the obvious reason that he's a unicorn and also blue villagers are just awesome, but u already said u don't care for him too much so 100% Pietro

I hate smugs but apparently O'Hare is a smug ? He just recently moved into my 1/1 Challenge town and i like him and I used to have Eugene in my old town i loved him

Omgosh, this exactly! I dislike smugs intensely (had Kyle in my first town and he is gone, thankfully) and didn't even know O'Hare was a smug because I like him so much. He must be a cranky/smug blend, lol? (He was a cranky in AC, I have read.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lionel is my favorite Smug, mostly because I think his older-gentleman appearance suits the Smug personality much better than the younger look/feel of most of the other Smugs, like Marshal. I disliked Ed (my Smug before Lionel) because his personality rubbed me the wrong way, but with Lionel, the Smug dialogue seems less obnoxious/flirtatious and more like a posh old British man.

This, too. Thank you so much for this explanation! It's why I disliked Kyle intensely and like O'Hare a lot!

I've got Ken in my new town, and I actually like him more than I thought I would when I first saw he was moving in. :p I also tend to dislike smug villagers.

I had Olaf at one point in my old town and liked him fine, but I prefer Ken I think. I love the anteaters though so that may have been part of my affection for him. I had Pietro in that town, too, and his personality didn't bother me but I found the clown makeup distracting... haha. Which is a shame because I really love how colorful he is!

I've got Ken in my new town, and I actually like him more than I thought I would when I first saw he was moving in. :p I also tend to dislike smug villagers.

I had Olaf at one point in my old town and liked him fine, but I prefer Ken I think. I love the anteaters though so that may have been part of my affection for him. I had Pietro in that town, too, and his personality didn't bother me but I found the clown makeup distracting... haha. Which is a shame because I really love how colorful he is!

Ken looks like he has a really cool house too! Hahaha you don't see a black chicken very often

And I totally get what you mean by Pietro's makeup, at first I thought the tears were a bit strange but after a while his colorful wool just took over and I was like 'ok I'm not so bothered, he actually looks funny'

Colton is my favorite but O'Hare is a close second. (*Under breath* Too bad I don't have any more room for any more villagers after all of the dreamies move in. Poor O'Hare, I just love his hat so much!)

I love Colton, he's a sweetie. He has a lot of personality actually considering how watered down all the villagers are in nl

Back