Best smugs? Seeking opinions~

Zell and Kyle, cuties both of them!

O'Hare, Chadder, Klaus, Pietro and Toby.

Also, Ken..I can't believe I forgot about him! ;-;

Last edited:
my favourite smug is ken! his design and house are super cool, and i think he's adorable

Eugene is fun; I have him and Keaton in Hollowyn. Keaton I never really warmed up to, but he isn't bad. In Salem, I have Beardo (possibly one of my favorite villagers of all) and W. Link.

If I had to pick two, I'd say Beardo and Eugene.

I've been a Beardo fan for years.

I tried inviting Marshal, Kidd, Curlos, even Julian, but I've come to realize there can only be one smug and that is Beardo.

Lionel is my favorite Smug, mostly because I think his older-gentleman appearance suits the Smug personality much better than the younger look/feel of most of the other Smugs, like Marshal. I disliked Ed (my Smug before Lionel) because his personality rubbed me the wrong way, but with Lionel, the Smug dialogue seems less obnoxious/flirtatious and more like a posh old British man.

Lopez and Phil are my faves. Wish they were still in my town. I will say after seeing chuggaaconroy's lets play acnl vids I'm kinda wishing Pietro would come to my town.

Pietro is my absolute favorite villager who happens to be a smug so I say Pietro lol
Julian would be my second choice smug for the obvious reason that he's a unicorn and also blue villagers are just awesome, but u already said u don't care for him too much so 100% Pietro

I hate smugs but apparently O'Hare is a smug ? He just recently moved into my 1/1 Challenge town and i like him and I used to have Eugene in my old town i loved him

Omgosh, this exactly! I dislike smugs intensely (had Kyle in my first town and he is gone, thankfully) and didn't even know O'Hare was a smug because I like him so much. He must be a cranky/smug blend, lol? (He was a cranky in AC, I have read.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lionel is my favorite Smug, mostly because I think his older-gentleman appearance suits the Smug personality much better than the younger look/feel of most of the other Smugs, like Marshal. I disliked Ed (my Smug before Lionel) because his personality rubbed me the wrong way, but with Lionel, the Smug dialogue seems less obnoxious/flirtatious and more like a posh old British man.

This, too. Thank you so much for this explanation! It's why I disliked Kyle intensely and like O'Hare a lot!

I've got Ken in my new town, and I actually like him more than I thought I would when I first saw he was moving in. :p I also tend to dislike smug villagers.

I had Olaf at one point in my old town and liked him fine, but I prefer Ken I think. I love the anteaters though so that may have been part of my affection for him. I had Pietro in that town, too, and his personality didn't bother me but I found the clown makeup distracting... haha. Which is a shame because I really love how colorful he is!

I've got Ken in my new town, and I actually like him more than I thought I would when I first saw he was moving in. :p I also tend to dislike smug villagers.

I had Olaf at one point in my old town and liked him fine, but I prefer Ken I think. I love the anteaters though so that may have been part of my affection for him. I had Pietro in that town, too, and his personality didn't bother me but I found the clown makeup distracting... haha. Which is a shame because I really love how colorful he is!

Ken looks like he has a really cool house too! Hahaha you don't see a black chicken very often

And I totally get what you mean by Pietro's makeup, at first I thought the tears were a bit strange but after a while his colorful wool just took over and I was like 'ok I'm not so bothered, he actually looks funny'

Colton is my favorite but O'Hare is a close second. (*Under breath* Too bad I don't have any more room for any more villagers after all of the dreamies move in. Poor O'Hare, I just love his hat so much!)

I love Colton, he's a sweetie. He has a lot of personality actually considering how watered down all the villagers are in nl

Back