• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Partner heights (strange I know)

leahhhhaaaaa

Fish are friends not food
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Jingle Christmas Doll
Candy Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Pear (Fruit)
Orange Mote of Flame
If you?re female, are you okay for your boyfriend/girlfriend being shorter than you?
If you?re male are you okay for your girlfriend/boyfriend being taller than you?
Always wondered this and if you?re not okay with it, why not? (This isn?t to sound mean, just generally curious).

I'd prefer if they were around the same height as me or a tad taller.

Having a short partner would make me feel weird as I would have to look down at them all the time and they would see all five of my chins. ahahahaha

I'm gaaaaaaay. Doesn't make a difference to me, I think it would be dumb if it did make a difference to someone.

i've only had two boyfriends and they were both shorter than me. height doesnt really matter to me honestly

My wife is pretty tall, relatively - 5'9" - and she'd always tell me how important it was to find a partner that was taller. She was especially self-conscious about the notion of wearing heels and being taller than her partner.

I'm 6'3", so it works for her, but for me it's never really mattered. I definitely don't care myself. I've dated people much shorter and even one girl that was taller. No biggie!

my boyfriend is 5"10 right now, and i'm 5"4

my preference is taller than me but if he was 5"4 or shorter i would love him the same

Last edited:
My husband is the same height as me. He’s about one inch taller. Ive never really cared for height, though I have dated a really short guy and it was a bit embarrassing only because he would constantly point it out that I looked like a giant next to him.. Other than that all my previous boyfriends have been the same height too.

Why would it matter? Is this an actual thing people are worried about

Well I don't have a boyfriend, but I'm pretty sure my boi is taller than I am :rolleyes:

I don't care what height my girlfriend would have, this seems pretty irrelevant to me.

The girl I like is about the same height as me. It's strange because most girls I've liked have been shorter but this time it's different. I usually like guys that are the same height or taller.

I?m 5ft5 and my boyfriend is like 5ft11 which i think is a nice size difference. Nothing too over the top :)

female n i will not even LOOK at someone shorter than me. if im straight. who knows

I prefer the girl to be at least shorter or the same height as me. I'm 5'7" and my partner is around 5 feet to 5'2''. She doesn't seem too short when I stand next to her, more like 5'4'' or something lol.

damn some of these responses smell edgy!!

anyhow, it wouldn't make a difference to me. if the person was shorter than me i'd still love them the same but i think my personal pref would be for them to be taller.

Last edited:
damn some of these responses smell edgy!!

anyhow, it wouldn't make a difference to me. if the person was shorter than me i'd still love them the same but i think my personal pref would be for them to be taller.

who is being edgy here?? O_O
there is no need to flame anyone ^_^

I've never really had a girlfriend taller than me but I don't think I would mind. My girlfriend has said before that she likes being shorter than me, though.

Well I'm really short so it would be nice if my partner was at least the same height as me.

I'm pretty tall, over 6', so almost all the women i've dated were shorter than me, but I dated a few that were about my height and taller than me when they wore high heels. variety is the spice of life...

Back