• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How often do you upgrade your phone?

I've only done it once. I don't need the latest update and couldn't care less. I only upgrade if my phone is literally dead.

N e v e r

I don't upgrade my phone unless it's dead lol

I've only done it once. I don't need the latest update and couldn't care less. I only upgrade if my phone is literally dead.

Yeah. I don't see the point of having the latest models all the time. I use mine til it dies and then I get a new basically. I mean I've probably upgraded more than once for reason though but hardly like every year just for the latest things.

Tbh, when my parents upgrade cx lol Which is usually about 2-3 yrs

When it stops working or when I manage to *cough cough* drown it... which have happened twice by mistake haha

My contract allows me to get a new one every 2 years when I go to renew it.

I upgrade my phone's system whenever there's an update, usually. I get a new phone maybe every 3-4 years. I'm on my third phone, in 10 or so years of phone-using (didn't have a phone till I was fairly old).

Whenever my contract expires, which is every 2 years. Lately I've been thinking about scrapping my contract once it's up so I can save money for more important things. I tend to take really good care of my phone so one can last me a very long time.

i get one when my old phone is slow or broken- i don't really think it's necessary to get the newest model every time it came out... i'm already broke lol it doesn't matter to me that my phone is two years older than everyone else's ;) there are better things to worry about amirite

Really only when it stops working, gets really slow, or I switch service. I'm not one of those people who needs the latest and greatest phone, my current phone was the first phone I got when it was "new" and it was because the last gen of it that I had started running like a slug so I really wanted to upgrade when my 2 year trade-in came in, but sadly my old phone was worth nothing at the point... so I just bought my new phone flat out, I didn't mind, and it's worked great since, probably had it about a year now and I love it. Wont get a new one until it breaks or slows, and even then maybe I'll just get whatever new gen it has out, cause I think it's a great phone.

ive done it every other year w my last three phones. i have had my current one for about a year atm and have no plans on changing it any time soon

I use Straight Talk, so there isn't really a contract. The only time I ever update my phone is when it's broken or unusable. I've had my IPhone 5s for about a year now. It's strange that my phone hasn't broken yet.

Last edited:
Back