• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Does anybody actually pay for Nintendo Badge Arcade?

BlueBoxJuker

Say, that's swell
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
There's a "free" game you can get for your 3ds called Nintendo Badge Arcade, and you can get cute little badges by playing crane games. It's fun for the most part- but do people actually spend money to get these things? Or do they just wait until you get a freebee like me? Just wondering, if you have it, do you pay actually money for it? :confused:

Nope, I never paid for the badges in the Nintendo Arcade game. After a while, I even uninstalled it from my 3DS too because I got tired of the nagware.

I have once when there was a badge set I particularly wanted. But otherwise no, I wait for free plays. I can't imagine they make a killing off the badge arcade. Kids don't exactly have the disposable income for wasting on incorporeal badges.

No I've never played it but yeah they sure like to trick people doing it on that simple of a game. I mean, uh you can just wait and go play something else, it's not that substancial so I'd pay for it.

I've been tempted to, but I've been very good so far at not paying. I'm addicted to it right now though. I go in for the daily free plays and have gotten a lot of great ones that way :) It's too bad no more new badges are being released.

I spent a few dollars on it back when it first released, but I haven't spent anything on it since. I have more than enough badges now and I barely use my 3DS anymore anyways. Plus it feels like I always get a daily free play or 2 whenever I start it up, before counting whatever I get from the practice machine.

The only time I have paid for 5 plays is when I reeeeeeeeally wanted the badge and didn't get enough free plays for it. Other than that, no, I don't pay.

I think I did it once because I wanted to get the rest of the Happy Home Designer badges, but I was so terrible with my aim! I could never decide on how I wanted to arrange the badges on the home screen either and eventually I just stopped playing it. I might play it again in the future perhaps...

Never but I almost wanted to. Quite annoying how the pink bun always asks you to pay after each session.

By the way are the badges linked to out network account? Can we keep them if we change to another 3ds/N2ds?

Edit : True question is did someone got ALL badges?

Last edited:
By the way are the badges linked to out network account? Can we keep them if we change to another 3ds/N2ds?

I think they should be linked, it makes you sign in everytime the game loads- for me at least. I would think you get to keep them.

I have a couple of times smh. I kinda regret it, but also it was just a couple bucks and it came with one of the themes too, so tee hee ^^. Haven't used the app in a while tho

I did a couple times when there was badges I really wanted and it was being cheap with the free plays. I noticed the crane is a lot better at its job when you pay for plays pbbfft. Anyway I kinda regret it cuz it's not like I NEEDED the badges but it was only a few dollars so whatever I guess. I actually haven't used the badge arcade in like a year or maybe more, I remember one of the last times I tried to load it it froze my DS and scared me. lol

Edit : True question is did someone got ALL badges?

Nothing is actually linked to your NNID other than your purchase records (and even then you can't redownload anything you purchased onto anothwr system). If you do a system transfer then you will be able to keep all of your badges, but simply signing onto another system with the same NNID does nothing.

Some people have certainly collected every badge but idk if there's anyone here who's done so.

Speak of the devil, of discovered the fun last night, I spent a few dollars ^^ . I'll probably just lurk for freebies unless I really want something. I was trying to get the pixel Isabelle, but it was in the lame poke one.

welll..I'm guilty of actually paying a few dollars on it but not anymore. I still play it on daily bases because it's fun

I've never done it. They limit the plays so much and I think it's a pretty shallow way of getting money from this "game." I only play it once in a blue moon (the loading screen takes forever to load) and I only get those cool badges where it looks like a streetpass badge that you can actually load streetpass with.

I currently have a blathers camera badge replacing the normal camera icon and I think it's pretty cool

I’ve never and I wouldn’t even think about it.
Tbh, it’s annoying that you have to put the badges in an app space... I thought you could stick it on stuff at first.
Also, there wasn’t even that much AC badges when I played it. There was like 4 cranes for Pok?mon and Kirby. :c

Tbh, there's no need if you're patient enough. I've gotten 700-800 badges without paying anything.

Back