• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you prefer voice chat or text chat in games?

depends on the game but i 100% prefer voice over texting bc its easier to communicate.
i dont wanna stop mid battle to type out a ton to explain to people what needs doing.

I wish games had a voice to text option, I want to nor have to type but I have an obnoxious voice....

Text all the way unless it's someone I've known in person for a long time. Only in rare cases have I voice chatted with people online, and it took a lot of willpower. I'm a shy lad what can I say.

It depends on who I'm with. If I'm playing a multiplayer game alone, I'll probably stick with text-chat or no chat at all. If I'm with friends, however, I always voice chat.

I want to use voice chat, but with my stuttering issue I wouldn't be able to get anythin across. Text is a little annoying having a small limit when I'm tryin to explain somethin.

Text chat usually. I mumble a lot and I don't want to repeat myself, and I play games online much more than I do with friends so I don't really want to talk to others online other than messaging.

I would do text because I don't want any people to hear what my voice sounds like and also it will be weird to talk to random strangers and no I don't have any friends I know irl to play games with.

Voice chat is super fun, especially with friends, but I'd probably get too nervous talking with strangers ;v;

usually text unless i'm with friends? i have a very hard time communicating with my friends-- let alone strangers. so sometimes it's hard for me to speak up and i usually spend my time being quiet just listening to what my team mates are telling me to do

I love using voice chat! I find it to be the easiest way to communicate when we all really want to win. However... I do get asked if I use a voice changer often and it can be quite frustrating! I just don't have a deep voice like most boys.

I typically prefer voice. It's just way more practical for communicating with your team, especially in a competitive game, where communication is key.

I don't play games very often these days but I've always kinda preferred text chat unless I'm playing with people I know. I think my years of playing CoD as a preteen kinda soured me on voice chat lol

I talk voice chat much more than text. Especially in fast paced games on ps4 like overwatch where I don?t have time to write messages out. I guess I?ve gotten used to it because it?s no bother to me. Sometimes people can be mean over voice chat, so if they do I won?t talk. But most people are pretty friendly and it?s easy to communicate that way!

Text chat, I have phone anxiety and that absolutely transfers over to voice chats.

Back