• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you prefer voice chat or text chat in games?

text, i love to be an incredibly extroverted arrogant persona when i type to people on games like town of salem its so fun because the image isnt shattered if someone heard me do it with a baby squeaky voice

Voice chat usually, it's more convenient. I've never really played games w/ strangers so not sure if I'd still voice chat or text out of shyness.

I prefer voice for friends and text for strangers.

I agree, I always voice chat with my friends but it's not that fun for me to voice chat with strangers, I stay in text chat with random match-ups on LoL and Overwatch.

I think voice chat is best because typing gets tiring. Especially when you want to say something quick

If it's a competitive game voice chat is probably better but that scares me eep

Voice chat for friends and competitive, but if I even bother talking to strangers, it's text. Lately I've just had team chat and match chat muted lol.

Text mostly. If I'm with friends then I'll usually use Discord or Teamspeak. I don't mind writing though to be honest, and I sometimes prefer text because I can look back at it if it takes time to take it in.

Depends on the situation sometimes.
If it's a friendly environment, I can do voice chat. I'd probably end up doing voice chat too if it requires teamwork/voice saves time.
I mostly end up typing.

I prefer text chat for everything. My voice is good for narration or broadcasting, but not so much for the kind of talk you would have while playing a video game, lmao

Voice chat, I don't really like typing much. People tend to also have different personalities text vs voice chat as well, so I think voice chatting is much more personal than typing. I'm usually in a voice channel on discord in all my free time :)

I don't play a lot of games requiring chat, but I feel text chat does the job most times. Even though I can't really communicate during the game, after a match or something I'll usually talk about something or rather. I've voice chatted a handful of times with friends but I'd never with strangers lol

I prefer voice chat the most, but typing is a close second. If there's typing it has to be with a keyboard for me, and with a non-problematic character limit: basically the opposite of ACNL.

it depends! if im comfortable i'll use voice chat because it's easier but i'm a fast typer as well so the two are interchangeable for me. ^_^

My laptop's mic is in a really unfortunate place so when I type while I'm voice chatting it sounds like I'm smashing my computer to pieces lmao
But I still prefer voice chat because it's just so much quicker, and you can focus on the game you're playing and spare yourself and your friends/teammates the time of having to read what everybody typed.

Voice chat! I rarely use it because I'm not use to talking for awhile and when I do use it for long my head starts to hurt, but it's easier to get something done in voice chat, especially cause typing with a controller on the ps4 is utter trash and there's not many games that really have much use for a keyboard to actually warrant buying one.

It depends, I prefer voice chat on both pc and ps4 since it's easier and you can focus better. I'm also a quick typer so whatever is suitable really, though typing on ps4 does get tedious at times.

i'll only voice chat with people i know and even then it's only after a lot of encouragement, i'm fine when i'm actually playing a game and chatting but it takes me a lot to build up the courage to vc because i'm so awkward haha

Back