• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you prefer voice chat or text chat in games?

Text all the way, I'm way too shy to be able to have a random voice with people and try to be serious about the game at the same time lol

Text chat, can't stand my voice hehe :rolleyes:

Text chat, can't stand my voice hehe :rolleyes:

Same. I hate my voice :mad: I'm too self conscious to voice chat... Although I used to when I played mmorpgs but I still only talked when I absolutely had to lol. I wouldn't do it for chill games like animal crossing or just for fun on discord. I like chatting a lot better for those.

i use voice chat a lot because my friends like to, like so when we play overwatch we would switch over to team chat so we can talk with them. but, i have a really weird voice (mega high pitched, sweet tone) so i always get creepy comments of people. sometimes people are nice which is okay but mostly i feel uncomfortable in team chat lol, would much rather stay in group ~

Voice chat is better for me cause I can't see myself easily playing a game and trying to read a lot of text at the same time.

I've never done a voice chat with strangers but I imagine they would probably be weirded out by my quirkiness xD

I've never done a voice chat with strangers but I imagine they would probably be weirded out by my quirkiness xD

same or they would think i don't game serious enough so yeah. i've done voice chat with like one friend but he knows i'm weird and he can be too so yeaaah lol.

but yeah boi not doing voice chat with random strangers just bc man.

I always use voice chat via other software when playing with friends or in my guild. Otherwise I really dislike when games come with voice chat by default.

text chat is a skill i gained from toon town and its need for fast communication So I can do keyboard chat well.

I feel if I talked in a mic is sound like a 8 year old Minecraft YouTuber.

Text all the way. Voice chat freaks me out.

A bit of both. When Animal Crossing City Folk came out, I mostly used voice chat. Texting is too much effort.

I’m a little 50/50 on this,
Before I used to use voicechat all the time while playing multiplayer horror games, and it was HILARIOUS to see people’s live reaction at the most scary scenes. We would all be laughing, and it was really fun. It would be way different than texting, because while I couldn’t use voicechat and was forced to text, I feel that I couldn’t make the most of peoples’ reactions. Mostly, at a scary scene people would text “omg that’s scary” but in voicechat, they’d be screaming their head off and we’d all be cracking up. I’m not really self conscious of my voice, and so far nobody has commented on how my voice sounds so that’s why I’m not.

I also like texting though, as it prevents awkwardness from happening in the voice chat. When texting, you can also be confident with what you’re saying and you can take your time to write what you want to and express yourself. It’s a hard decision imo.

Text chat.

If I used voice chat, people would discover I'm not really a cute grill and stop giving me free stuff.

i can't say cuz i don't really play games with this feature but i'd probably prefer text chat. depending on what's going on or what the game is i'd be okay with voice but i'm shy lol

I'll only voice chat if it's with my friends. I used to voice chat with my guild when I played MMOs and it led to some really distasteful encounters with weird dudes. No thanks.

I will say though, for difficult content in games that requires a lot of co-ordination, then I do think voice chat is definitely advantageous. Typing can really screw you over.

Text chat. I'll probably only do voice if we're really really close or you're one of my local friends on here xD

Back