Sleek Train Car
Cute Train Car
Floral Train Car
Yellow Caboose
Crystal Tree
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Tockoid
Froggy Snowman
So I'm trying to get Gracie in my town and I've passed 3 fashion checks and she says I need one more. She came on a monday(I'm still in Dec. in my game) so I went forward to tuesday and back to monday. Of course she picks modern this time which I only have 2 pieces of.
So I decide to quit w/out saving to get a different set. When I came back she was gone! I then tried going to 5:59 am and waiting til 6 and when that didn't work I again went forward to tuesday and back to monday with the same result. Can I get her back or do I just need to move to the next week?

Read that the NPC get set on Sunday for the week. So when you went back to 559am the NPC for the week got changed since a new day didn't start. Yes it's Monday on the date but it's still Sunday for the game until a new day starts.
You might get lucky and find Gracie this week.

If Gracie goes missing try going into a building to get Gracie to reappear. Or save/quit and start the game up again. I've had no Gracie in the morning, save/quit and than played in the evening and Gracie was there.
You can also send an extra player up to see what theme Gracie gives. Pick the easiest one.

If all else fails, you could look up a list of modern clothing, buy what you need, and then when it gets delivered at 5pm (I think 5 xD), you can do the check :)

Thank you both. I collect clothes for Gracie ahead of time(like back at the 2nd store expansion) so I have everything in storage when she shows up so I don't have to order anything. So I've only had 2 modern items(and believe me I check able sisters/kicks everyday).
I didn't know about going into buildings to get her to show up I'll have to remember that. I just don't get why quitting w/out saving made her vanish. Weird. I'll go through each day in the week again to check for her. If she don't turn up I'll go to the next week. Thanks again.

I'll echo stitchmaker here - given you went back to Sunday (ac day starts at 6am) it resets the visitors for the week, which I think explains why Gracie was not there when the day turned to Monday (well she could have been if the game set the visitors with Gracie on a Monday again) - you should find another NPC (which could be Pete/Redd etc) as the Monday visitor.
As stitchmaker says you might get lucky and see Gracie later on in the week.

Personally I would let the game play as normal, with the WA update, Gracie does appear more often so should come around again fairly quickly.

As to passing fashion checks - I've passed a check with just two items from the style she asks for, I just pick one other style which doesn't clash with the style asked for. She doesn't particularly like it and offers just clothing not furniture, but it is a pass.

What I'm not sure of: are the 2 pieces of the required style important - ie should one be an accessory plus say a shirt/dress?
I know accessories are important, plus a hat, but not sure if they always need to be in the required style - I don't think they do.
I know you can see her sockless if you haven't got socks in the asked for style.
Whatever you do make sure you don't go in a clashing style, automatic fail. (& that's it for the whole visit, alts won't be offered a check).
Modern does not clash with any of the other styles.
Its probably safest to keep it to just one extra style, eg modern + cute (or say modern + basic). She does say something about you are mixing it up rather.

You could always save before you go up to her for the check & if she fails you reset and try again. (I presume she would still be there).
And as stitichmaker says you can see her with an alt & hope for an easier check.

I've found two helpful posts:
the first one confirms two items from the required style is enough (in fact it goes further and says just one item may be enough, but never seen any confirmation, & I would say risky).
The 2nd link gives a solution to seeing Gracie again when she origianlly appears on a Monday (you TT forward and then back rather than the other way round; I don't know if this works or not - albeit confirmed as successful within the thread)

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCros...es_fashion_checks_or_how_to_pass_by_the_skin/

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCros...stion_about_time_traveling_for_gracie_checks/

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for all the help. Once I read that I had accidentally reset the visitors I decided to go through the week a day at a time until I found her(She showed up wednesday). This time the theme was sporty. I thought I had everything but who would've thought the blue ballet outfit was official and not sporty? Luckily I found what I needed at able sisters and I passed(if they hadn't had what I needed I would've done the mix and match thing).
By Saturday my store was remodeling and I now have the imporium! And I can sell all those clothes I've been storing for the fashion checks. Thanks again

Back