• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I really hate it when villagers change clothes

Aus

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2693-0613-8705
Shadow Kitty Plush
Fancy Kitty Plush
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Clownfish Plush
Dino Plush
Tasty Cake
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
Tasty Cake
You know how villagers come with their tops matching their colour and all. Drives me nuts when they find another shirt which DOES NOT MATCH AT ALL and decide to put it on. Clay changed his awesome uncommon shirt into some monstrous orange thing that doesn?t match his tribal-ish face (mask??) at all. I love him but his fashion sense is awful.

tl;dr is there any way to make them change back?

i really dont have much experience with this, but try sending him his initial shirt ( the shirt he wore before the orange shirt ) though the mail :)

Ikr, Keaton has decided to wear this ugly floral shirt which completely contrasts his feathers and not only that but, he's decided to give a copy of his shirt to everyone else in town.

Just mail them a bunch of the same shirt, and they might wear one. The day Julian moved into my town, he changed into a pop bloom tee, so I mailed him 2 night sky shirts and he put one on!

i really dont have much experience with this, but try sending him his initial shirt ( the shirt he wore before the orange shirt ) though the mail :)

ohh rightt i’ll try that

Ikr, Keaton has decided to wear this ugly floral shirt which completely contrasts his feathers and not only that but, he's decided to give a copy of his shirt to everyone else in town.

oh my I have a Keaton in my town too. He’s wearing one of the original patterns from the able sisters. Yellow duck on a green background. Looks terrible.

ohh rightt i’ll try that

oh my I have a Keaton in my town too. He’s wearing one of the original patterns from the able sisters. Yellow duck on a green background. Looks terrible.

no problem, i hope it works!

You can try gifting them through mail or in person somehow. The problem is that they'll eventually change it again. Even if you don't play the game, villager's distribute clothes among one another. Especially if you have patterns in place that they can use in the clothes store.

It's really a losing battle to be honest and it does get annoying.

rodney came to my town uninvited and started spreading his ugly cherry shirt to my other villagers like a disease. it's ugly and doesn't look good with the villagers who put it on (who were wearing my designed shirts beforehand!! :mad: )

You can also talk to Isabelle about problematic villagers for various things such as catchphrases and what they are wearing (because it's 'offensive') I have tried this before but it never seems to work. They always still have the same clothes/catchphrase.

You can also talk to Isabelle about problematic villagers for various things such as catchphrases and what they are wearing (because it's 'offensive') I have tried this before but it never seems to work. They always still have the same clothes/catchphrase.

I think it only works for designs, not real shirts.
Isabelle said she'd stop Stu wearing the shirt (tulip shirt IKR?) and he kept wearing it.

I mailed him 5 noble shirts all at once, and he has been wearing that for two months. ^_^

marcel ended up gifting kabuki with a shirt and its this bright pink thing which doesnt look good at all on him.. i had to accept marcels request though otherwise i wouldn't have gotten my development permit. and im at the beginning of my game right now so no chance of coming across the original shirt right now. it's a horrible struggle

I normally only mind it when it's the designer shirts from able sisters, all of which are ugly. Sometimes it's funny though. I had Lopez in my town(I miss him) and he changed into the rainbow shirt of all things(was he trying to tell me something?) At first I was like oh lord what were you thinking but it grew on me and I ended up trying to keep him in that shirt(he eventually gave it to me and I still have it).

Yeah, yesterday Cesar asked me to deliver a leopard tank to Lucky. I told Lucky he looked horrible in it.

On the other hand, I was relieved when Peaches changed out of her original clothing. I find the whole circus thing incredibly unnerving.

my villagers always seem to change their shirt to that default halloween looking design at able sisters. hazel also changed her shirt to the arctic camo shirt, but she looked so cute in her red warm up suit!

Shirts can be so annoying sometimes. I've mailed them their shirts back and they just put it in their house or don't wear them. Drives me absolutely insane.
Other times they get other villagers to wear THEIR shirt and I just give up.

The way I fixed it

Firstly I went to the town hall and used the ?problematic citizens? technique and got them to change their shirt. Secondly I sent my villager at least 2 of the shirts I wanted them to wear (ones that matched their style) and they put it on and haven?t changed since.

Isabelle didn't make Stu change his shirt, and went to her over 20 times.
It only works for design shirts I think.

I know what you mean. I just got fed up with it that I just let them wear what they want! Or when the 4 racers/super heros change their shirt. I had kid cat in my town. What does he do the first day. Change his shirt :mad:

Last edited:
4uKAOJy.jpg
Sometimes I carry a couple of shirts in my pockets to get my villagers to change.It works a lot better if the shirts are the only things in your pockets other than your tools.I got Gaston to change into the comedian's outfit the other day by doing this.He's one sharp lookin' bunny now.

oh my I have a Keaton in my town too. He?s wearing one of the original patterns from the able sisters. Yellow duck on a green background. Looks terrible.

You can keep them from wearing any of the Able Sister patterns on display, by turning all the displays into umbrellas. :)

Back