• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is Persona 5 a good game?

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Apple 🍎
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
Well obviously it's regarded as a great game. But I've never played a Persona game, or any other jrpg games. I also don't like turn based combat. However, I got really interested in this game because it really seems unique and the atmosphere seems great, plus sooo many people like it. I don't wanna miss out on a great experience just because I don't like certain play styles. There's always the exception to every rule right? Can anyone tell me about their experience with this game in particular? I'm going to be buying it today and I'm worried I'm second guessing my decision.

Yes, it is a good game. It has a intricate and complicated plot with interesting settings and innovative battle system for an RPG. I like everything about it except it is so damn long. It takes most people at least 90 hours to beat it. It took me a bit over 100. For that reason, i will never play it again haha. It was entertaining the whole way through. If you like Persona 5, try Persona 4! That one is my favorite

Honestly, it's a great game, even if you don't like turn-based combat. There's just SO MUCH TO DO, and there are very few times in the game where you feel like you're running out of activities to keep you occupied outside of the main storyline. The story...isn't my favorite. I just didn't care about most of my party members, which is weird for a Persona game. I also felt like everyone in the cast was so unfathomably stupid that I spent a good portion of the game wanting to bash my head against the wall. People outside the party are a riot though. You can hang out with a drunk reporter, an edgelord gamer, your teacher/maid(?), a sketchy guy who sells you fake guns, a girl who should pick up DnD if she gets bored of shogi, and a really pitiful politician! (AND MUCH MORE!)

Totes agree with the poster above though. Chances are that if you like P5, you'll love P4 (especially Golden). Have fuuuuun~!

I agree with most of what the two folks above brought up, though there are a couple things i'd disagree with.

I thought 90 hours was pretty reasonable, though I don't think I'd ever complain about a game being too long. If i'm spending money a game I'd much rather it be 100 hours instead of 30.

I don't think anyone really stuck out as being incredibly stupid, aside from Ryuji, of course. Ann and Morgana might not always be the brightest bulbs, but never to the point of frustration imo.

If I did have a couple complaints with the party it'd be that a couple of 'em are a lot less involved with the story the further in you get, and the last party member would've benefited from joining a little earlier.

Overall though, P5 is definitely one of my favorite games of 2017.

I've heard from a number of people who are not generally not into jrpgs/turn-based combat but did really enjoy Persona 5. I don't know what else to tell you, you know it's a highly regarded game. If you're not sure, wait for a sale.

get it!
i've played it for over 500 hours (5 playthroughs) and have watched countless other people's playthroughs and i still ca't get enough haha. i don't think the party as a whole is stupid it's just ryuji (i may be a little biased since he is my best boy) who can be a little dense for comedic value but not to the point that it gets annoying.

Persona is probably one of the few JRPGs where I've enjoyed every second of my playthrough and actually feel compelled to come back to play it again. I definitely recommend 5, despite some personal problems I have with points of the story and dungeon design towards the end of it. If you do get it, definitely don't focus on trying to 100% it the first time through. Just enjoy the ride.

Thank you so much for all the replies :) I am really going to sink into the game once I finish The Adventure of Link. I'm really hoping to love it and I have really high hopes for it.

Persona 5 is a really good game from its great story to its groundbreaking visuals!

Back