• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you think about Vine/V2?

SpookyMemes

barely active
Bells
Blue Hybrid Violet
Blue Hybrid Violet
Hello all my fellow forumgoers, today I am back with another question: what do you think about Vine/V2?

If you don't know what Vine is, basically it's this app where you could post 6 or 7 second videos (forgot which one) and usually they're supposed to be funny. The app was originally created by Don Hofmann I think, and he sold Vine to Twitter. In 2016, Twitter shut Vine down because I think they were losing money or something so they had to shut Vine down so they wouldn't lose anymore.

But... Don Hofmann posted this on Twitter and then later confirmed that he's working on Vine 2, and it's going to be released sometime this year. He said he wants to release it when the northern hemisphere starts to get warm (and I'm not smart so idk when that is but I'm assuming it's June), and he's posting updates on his Twitter which has me really excited. I didn't find out about Vine until that 9+10=21 vine came out because everyone in my school kept asking me that question but I couldn't make an account anyways and I didn't want to lol. But now that it's coming back, I want to make an account and become VINE FAMOUS MUAHAHAHAHA

the only fear I have is that no one will go back to it because Vine was already an iconic app and since it got shut down everyone has already found what they want to do now so there's no point in going back.

So what do you think about Vine/V2, and who are your favorite viners? My favorite viners are Kenny Knox, Jay Versace, dope island, meechonmars, Dan Curtin, Danny Gonzales, weaklingchris, leathershirts and more but I don't know their names lmao.

Last edited:
i love watching vine compilations lmfao. a lot of iconic jokes/memes came from it lol. when it's revived things will either go back to how they used to and ppl will create videos or it will become a "you either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain" thing and it'll just be.. blah. idk! i dont know viners by their names since i don't actually have a vine account, i just see popular ones through tumblr or youtube.

i hate vine so much lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

WHAT IS. UP. JAKE PAULERS :3

honestly I didn't even know jake and Logan were popular vines. I watch vine compilations everyday and I have NEVER seen their vines pop up in any of them lmao. I didn't even know who they were until like June of 2017

i love watching vine compilations lmfao. a lot of iconic jokes/memes came from it lol. when it's revived things will either go back to how they used to and ppl will create videos or it will become a "you either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain" thing and it'll just be.. blah. idk! i dont know viners by their names since i don't actually have a vine account, i just see popular ones through tumblr or youtube.

same lol I watch them everyday, I took a buzzfeed quiz yesterday that was like "if you can't quote 25/30 of these vines then your mom's a h**" and I got 29/30 :') idk whether to be proud or scared

And yeah I feel like vine 2 might turn into what you said and none of the funny popular viners will come back

honestly I didn't even know jake and Logan were popular vines. I watch vine compilations everyday and I have NEVER seen their vines pop up in any of them lmao. I didn't even know who they were until like June of 2017

yeah me neither, when i saw vines they were never in them. i don't think everyone who likes vine are jake paulers or whatever, a few vines have given me a chuckle but man i just hate it for whatever reason

never rlly liked vine and didnt have a problem with it. but now all i see in my youtube recommendations are videos called "i know ppl have done this a million times but rip vine!" or "vines that stopped me from killing myself" and it's just really annoying lol

Last edited:
there's a few vines that I actually like and was well executed
like that one with the kid singing "I'm Semi I stay automatic" and a few others but as vine started getting popular the viners started doing more script vines that wasn't well executed or was never funny(like you get it but it wasn't something where I can randomly think of it or chuckle)

plus i never used the app, only seen a few random one one youtube if i was bored

i watched more vines when it died because of all those rip vine compilations on youtube

vine v2 probably wont be as big imo but whatever
i was never really into vine. though it is fun to reference them.

I just hope the Paul brothers don't ruin that too like they've ruined YouTube. My favourite viners (now moved onto other social media sites) are Thomas Sanders, Liza Koshy and Arron Crascall.

What? I thought it was a rumour :eek: is it really happening?

there are some iconic vines but i never was much for the actual app, i've always watched the vines shared on other platforms lol. i dont really have an opinion or any hopes on v2, i guess it's cool he's bringing it back or whatever...?

I honestly wish vine wasn’t never shut down... for all the wrong reasons.
Ever since it was shut down the “viners” have all moved to youtube (Logan Paul and Jake Paul just to name a few)
They have ruined YouTube and I’m slightly hoping that they will go back to V2 but that’s not going to happen lol
I mean they have started clickbaiting suicide for views :(

Never liked Vine -- it started crappy memes. Vine 2 won't be nearly as big, that's my prediction. Instagram and YouTube are the new havens for ex-Viners.

Vine is great and definitely deserves to be revived, being the source of many great memes that are easy to reference and quote humorously, mostly great in that aspect. Although the viners were absolutely terrible, the content was great and hey, that's what matters in the end of all of this

Last edited:
Mostly dumb, I don't see the points of random shorts, it's as dumb as snapchat sometimes (I don't get that either sooo lol *waves cane*) and yeah, not my thing.

Mostly dumb, I don't see the points of random shorts, it's as dumb as snapchat sometimes (I don't get that either sooo lol *waves cane*) and yeah, not my thing.

lol I only got snapchat for the filters. all of my friends have it so I just added them on it too, they always freak out about losing their streaks and it's insane. I don't see a point giving up a few precious seconds of your day just to send someone a black picture that says "STREAKS"

i think its dumb, i love vine and i always have but i think it lived its course, i feel like this will just be boring and not funny

Back