Placing items on top of other items?

BlueBoxJuker

Say, that's swell
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Maybe I'm just really dumb, but is there a way to put smaller items on top of items that aren't tables? I have a golden stereo and I've tried putting small things on top of it like a box of tissues or the HHA trophy- but it won't work. I have Bob in my town and his house has a stereo and other things with small items on top. Is there a way to do it or do I have the wrong pieces of furniture?

items can only be placed on other items if they both have a little + symbol on the diagram (if you have that feature, you get it after you buy the secret storage thing from nook). it depends on the items, some do, some don't. if it's not letting you place it on another object then it probably just won't work :V

Ah alright, thank you! When can you buy the secret storage thing? I'm fairly new to New Leaf, I've only been playing a couple weeks- I'm so used to Wild World. :'^)

Bob has a kiddie stereo
Items can Be placed on top of the kiddie stereo :)

Not so much on the other stereos though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ah alright, thank you! When can you buy the secret storage thing? I'm fairly new to New Leaf, I've only been playing a couple weeks- I'm so used to Wild World. :'^)

You need to build the upstairs room and pay into off with nook. Then ask to build another room and it’ll have the option of building secret storage.

Last edited:

you can buy the secret storage thing after you've paid off your first house expansion. then either after you get it or after you pay it off, go back to nook's and lottie should be there to talk to you. after you talk to her you'll be able to use the furniture placement thingy. idk what it's called :rolleyes:
but it makes it a lot easier to design your rooms! :)

I can't remember when exactly (which is sad because I unlocked it less than a month ago, myself), but the Secret Storeroom is one of the options you get when he allows you to start picking how you want to upgrade. I believe he allowed me to choose it after he built my second floor, which he only did after I upgraded my initial room once. So house -> slightly bigger house -> upstairs -> secret storeroom.

It's actually a fairly cheap upgrade, though - a little over 100k, so a good night's fishing and bug catching on the island will pay it off.

I discoverd the other day by experimenting, that the round cushion can be placed on the small wooden box seat.
It look great, and you can still sit on it! ^_^

I discoverd the other day by experimenting, that the round cushion can be placed on the small wooden box seat.
It look great, and you can still sit on it! ^_^

Thanks for sharing this, Jon, I will finally get some round cushions! Love the box-shaped seat and the round cushions, but never liked the idea of the cushions on the floor!

Consider putting it on the "things you didn't know about forever" thread?

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this, Jon, I will finally get some round cushions! Love the box-shaped seat and the round cushions, but never liked the idea of the cushions on the floor!

Consider putting it on the "things you didn't know about forever" thread?

Awesome!
I didn't like having them on the floor, and really love the box shaped seats.
They look great with the cushions.
I have a few with customized cushions. ^_^

Back