Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Ok so I can?t s stand clutter in my rooms. Everything has to be out of the floor, in perfect harmony. However, I see some people who just pack their rooms until the room can?t cant hold anymore, and it looks very nice.

I don?t think really like my rooms empty, in fact I do pack mines a lot just not with clutter. When there?s too many things in one side, I feel like I have to remove something. And there?s some items that?s I would really like to have in My rooms, however I feel like they are just out of place if they slightly don?t have the same color.

I'm think I'm like that too. I like to have full sets of matching furniture in my rooms and other items that match with them. I like a balance on all sides. I have a difficult time looking at my rooms if they're still in the "in between" phases of decorating. I like lots of stuff in my rooms, but I like it to all fit well together.

Ahh me too! I can’t s stand incomplete rooms. I first build them in the museum and then transfer them over, because I can’t stand walking around the house with that room.

It's actually kind of uncomfortable how much I hate my player's house right now because it's incomplete lol. Every time a villager pings me and asks to come visit, all I can think is nooo my shame is not for you to see!

...and then I let them over anyway because there's like a 1/1000 chance they'll send me an item I want in their letter and that's good enough odds for me.

I know what you mean!! :O Like, I've been trying to arrange my Jingle furniture (Christmas themed room) and I had the tree stump chair from the RV, but something just doesn't look right about it :[

Just do your room to please yourself. Make it how YOU want it.
Not how you think it should be. ^_^

Experiment with it, and just have fun!
You'll soon find what makes you feel comfortable.

Last edited:
I don't like clutter (tools, fruit, misc. items just lying on the floor), but I do like rooms to be a bit fuller and look lived in, if that makes sense.

I actually have something of a balance between cluttered and streamlined rooms in my house right now. My main living room is very sparse, in large part because I'm waiting to purchase a last piece. My upstairs bedroom is full, but looks somewhat streamlined I think because of the furniture I have (regal). The home office on the right and my library/study downstairs are much less picked up, but both look cozy to me, so I'm happy with it.

Like Jon_Snow says, it's all a matter of playing around and figuring out what you like.

If only decorating and rearranging furniture in my real house were so easy!

I don't like when random items are thrown around with no purpose but storage, especially non-furniture items like scraps of paper, shovels etc (I can't stand when you hover over it and the name pops up lol). But if clutter like... a boy's room with a basketball and magazines lying around etc. I think those add personality to the room.

So I have 5 rooms with all furniture sets. Robo, Mermaid, Pave, Snowman and Harvest those rooms are all neat and organized and planned out. Then my 6th room. Oh god my 6th room. That room is horrible. It's supposed to be my "Items I like but don't fit anywhere else room" But it's just horrible.

i like it when rooms have personality, so i don't really like houses that are just rooms of sets- i guess it doesn't feel as personalized to me, so i always mix and match items

i make stories for each of my rooms- the bedroom isn't just a bedroom, but a one-room apartment over the bowling alley that my college-debt ridden character lives in- and then i decorate from there. i guess i do have a lil more clutter in my rooms than most people have, but it's all purposeful (never just random stuff i didn't have room anywhere to put... if there's stuff on the ground, it's because it fits the story), so i think it still looks good.

tldr: clutter w/o purpose = big mess, but clutter that shapes the dynamic of the interior design= tasteful

(... you can probably tell i spend a lot of time on happy home designer :'))

Back