• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Top 3 Grass Pokémon?

pinkcotton

Pray For The Wicked
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Purple Violet
White Violet
White Lily
White Rose
White Tulip
White Cosmos
Who are your top 3 grass type Pok?mon? Mine are Lilligant, Shaymin, and Torterra.

Celebi and Sceptile would be my favourites. After that, it’d be a toss between Roserade, Snivy, Torterra, Lotad and Tapu Bulu.

I haven't played in years!
Meganium was always my favorite.

I had Chikorita as my starter way back in Pokemon Gold.

Meganium
Venusaur
Torterra

I have only played up to Diamond and Pearl.

Last edited:
Personally I'm not a huge grass type lover. But I have some favourites

1. Decidueye
2. Exeggutor (Both Forms)
3. Sunkern the best pokemon of all time lol

I usually have a grass type Pok?mon on my team. I have also made a Cacturne plushie and cosplay so he's definitely my first choice.

1. Cacturne
2. Roserade (nickname TuxedoMask)
3. Leafeon

My top 3 are:

- Decidueye
- Sceptile
- Chesnaught

Last edited:
I actually don't like grass Pokemon so much, but the ones I like are:

Snivy
Cacturne
Decidueye

Honorable Mentions: Quilladin, Lurantis, Whimsicott

1) Cacnea/Cacturne: Cacnea and Cacturne are actually my favorite Pokemon in general, not just restricted to the Grass-type. In the era before X & Y, the Pokemon which I felt was most reminiscent of Halloween, my favorite holiday, was Cacnea. That might sound odd considering it's a cactus, but considering its shiny sprite was orange and the design of its face, I grew to like it because it reminded me of a jack-o'-lantern. It's nice that it evolves into what resembles a scarecrow to go along with that little headcannon of mine. Cacturne's stats leave a lot to be desired since it's slow and can't take a hit, but I love the typing and if it does get hits off on the opponent then it's reasonably powerful.

2) Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist: This probably comes as no surprise after seeing my reasoning for liking the Cacnea evolutionary line, but the fact that we actually got jack-o'-lantern Pokemon really made me happy. I would probably like them more than Cacnea and Cacturne if only they had access to Shadow Claw. Lacking Shadow Claw is an immense letdown since I'd love for them to have a strong Ghost-type move that isn't Phantom Force. That said, I love that they come in various sizes which each have their own stat distributions. Like Cacnea and Cacturne before them, they're my 2nd favorite Pokemon among all Pokemon, not just restricted to the Grass-type.

3) Rowlet: I absolutely love birds and Rowlet is my favorite first-form starter Pokemon of them all. Its design is just adorable. I'm disappointed in some ways with how Decidueye turned out since it seems rather removed from Rowlet, but overall I'm glad that we have another line of owl Pokemon. It's tough to say whether I prefer the Rowlet line or the Squirtle line, as my favorite final-form starter is Blastoise.

While those are easy picks for me, Grass-type is one of my favorite types so I have numerous other honorable mentions: Exeggutor, Parasect, Sawsbuck, Serperior, Shiinotic, Trevenant, Venusaur, and Vileplume.

Last edited:
Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist (shiny), Serperior, and spring Sawsbuck (shiny) are the three that immediately came to mind for me so I guess those but honorable mentions go to:

Ludicolo (shiny)
Sunflora
Vileplume
Lurantis
Celebi (shiny)
Whimsicott (shiny)

*specifying shiny when that version is massively superior to the regular one in my opinion lol

I looked at a list of all the grass Pokemon, and I didn't realize how many grass Pokemon were favourites of mine! It was tough. But I gotta say Roserade, Gogoat, and Rowlet. But Celebi, Decidueye, and Leafeon were all SO CLOSE to making it on my top three.

With Roserade, I enjoy it's androgynous design and love how much it feels like an homage to shoujo manga, really reminds me of Tuxedo Mask.

Gogoat was a super big part of my second Pokemon X playthrough, plus goats are one of my favourite IRL animals.

And Rowlet because I find it comforting. Decidueye definitely has a cooler design, but I had this one day where I was having a really terrible day emotionally and the thought that I'd want to hug a Rowlet randomly popped into my head because they look so soft and cuddly, and literally not even 20 minutes later, I actually found a Rowlet plushie, and I had never seen them in stores before, and it was the only one at the store. Kind of just a little personal story on why Rowlet is an important Pokemon to me.

I'm going by designs I like, and I'll be leaving starters out of this since there's always a grass starter and that would NOT make this a Top 3 xD. So here goes:

Shiny Roserade
Shiftry
Gourgeist

I'm so glad to see that so many people have Roserade on their lists!! My favorites are:

Roserade:
I just LOVE this design. I had a Roserade as a part of my Pearl team, which was my first Pok?mon game, and she kicked butt. Roserade also has a decent movepool, imo, especially since she can learn Sludge Bomb (only by TM, I think?)

Lurantis:
I really only like Lurantis in terms of its design. I REALLY wish they could have done more with this 'mon, as I really do think it had a lot of potential. Contary is a pretty good ability, though.

Tsareena:
Grass leggy girl. She isn't too bad when playing through the main game, but I really only used her as a last line of defense. Trop Kick is a nice move, however. She looks amazing design wise! I really seem to like feminine pok?mon ??

Back