There are whales in this game?

When I still needed the fish sets, I'd turn the sound off and look away.

Chip is gross, and nintendo shouldn't have animals eating other animals, in an animal friendly game. IMO.

haven't they been doing that since Fishing tourneys were introduced?

Also I'm scared of Chip now. Thanks for putting that image into my head of animals eating animals and now I can't wait for the next fishing tourney this month.

haven't they been doing that since Fishing tourneys were introduced?

Also I'm scared of Chip now. Thanks for putting that image into my head of animals eating animals and now I can't wait for the next fishing tourney this month.

Tortimer used to keep the fish in WW.
But yeah.. kept them to eat them. :-/

I'm so glad I don't need anything more from Chip.

That goes for Nat too.
He practically tells you he's going to eat the bugs. :(

The only whale I've heard of in any Animal Crossing game was in the Gamecube version. Whilst traveling to the island, on very rare occasions, a humongous shadow could be seen in the water and it was speculated to be a whale. It wasn't a catchable creature.

Oh wow thats so cool, I didnt play the GC version so I didnt know that :)

Yeah, this pic is tiny and a bit fuzzy, but this is the shadow of the whale.

Insert we're going to need a bigger boat quote.

Last edited:
I don't really have a problem with that, it's what these animals eat in real life as well. Personally I don't see the villagers purely as animals, they're more human-like to me. They walk upright, they talk, they're basically humans who look like animals compared to fish, bugs or that hamster in a cage that you can buy as furniture.

I'm an animal activist.
I don't like cruelty in any form, game or no game.

AC isn't about the RL food chain.

Back