• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

There are whales in this game?

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
According to the wiki (which I'm starting to question the legitimacy of) there are shadows that are whales.

Picture lifted from the wiki

Untitled.jpg

I've never seen a shadow size that big. I know there are whale sharks but not plain whales. Is this pic even real?

Photoshopped I'd say.
I fish almost every day and at night, and have never seen that shadow in any AC game.

Yea I doubt thats real… but imagine if we actually had whales in the game, would be amazing hehe :eek:

I kind of figured that it wasn't real. Doesn't hurt to ask though amiright?

They should really take that picture off the wiki. It doesn't help my suspicions of it's legitimacy to have a photoshopped picture on their site.

Yeah, it would be cool if there were really whales in this game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It would be ORCAsome. ^_^

**Loves Cetaceans**

I see what you did there LOL

When I used to play WW I thought it was possible to catch whales... so I always went looking by the RIVER! hahahaha

I legit laughed. What kind of river whales were you trying to catch? LOL

Hahaha, don't ask, if only I know why I looked there myself xD

When I used to play WW I thought it was possible to catch whales... so I always went looking by the RIVER! hahahaha

LOL!

I must admit, when I started WW and saw my first fin, I didn't know what to expect.

It was my first Ocean Sunfish. ^_^

Hahaha, don't ask, if only I know why I looked there myself xD

I understand. Sometimes I do stuff that makes me question myself too, like why I keep playing Super Smash Bros knowing darn well that game frustrates me to the moon and back.

LOL!

I must admit, when I started WW and saw my first fin, I didn't know what to expect.

I've never played Wild World but I'm curious about it now.

The only whale I've heard of in any Animal Crossing game was in the Gamecube version. Whilst traveling to the island, on very rare occasions, a humongous shadow could be seen in the water and it was speculated to be a whale. It wasn't a catchable creature.

I understand. Sometimes I do stuff that makes me question myself too, like why I keep playing Super Smash Bros knowing darn well that game frustrates me to the moon and back.

Truuuuue! Super Smash Bros can make me so frustrated hahaha

- - - Post Merge - - -

LOL!

Same. I didn't know we had sharks in the game until I was like half a year into the game haha, and the summer came.. I got so hyped! :eek:

It's fake (You know tht by now obviously)

I remember a year or so ago someone posted a thread asking about the same thing and I'm pretty sure since ACNL was new and all ppl were freaking out but then ppl figured out that it wasn't a legit photo

The only whale I've heard of in any Animal Crossing game was in the Gamecube version. Whilst traveling to the island, on very rare occasions, a humongous shadow could be seen in the water and it was speculated to be a whale. It wasn't a catchable creature.

Well that would make sense but that picture looks like it's from New Leaf even the title at the top of picture say 'whale in new leaf'

Truuuuue! Super Smash Bros can make me so frustrated hahaha

Ugh, yeah that game is just not my type of game. I keep uninstalling it from my 3DS just to reinstall to get mad at it

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's fake (You know tht by now obviously)

I remember a year or so ago someone posted a thread asking about the same thing and I'm pretty sure since ACNL was new and all ppl were freaking out but then ppl figured out that it wasn't a legit photo

Yeah, it's a shame though. It probably would have been cool to have whales.

I wasn't planning on asking about this but I keep going to that page to see the shadow size of fish and I broke down and asked about it instead of Googling it, something I probably should have done now that I think about it. LOL But I wouldn't be HappyTails if I didn't post a random thread about something.

They *could* put Boto's (River Dolphins) in the game, but I'd hate to see them in a tank. :(

Actually it's quite the opposite for me, I normally stop playing because I get board from battling ( and beating if I try ) my lvl 50 amiibo.

Yeah, the only whale I know of is the whale shark in-game. It'd be cool if it were real, though. I'd love it if they added more fish in-game. I'm kinda hoping the next AC game will be like River Monsters, and we'll get to capture that freaky fish with human teeth.

Yeah, the only whale I know of is the whale shark in-game. It'd be cool if it were real, though. I'd love it if they added more fish in-game. I'm kinda hoping the next AC game will be like River Monsters, and we'll get to capture that freaky fish with human teeth.

I'm watching seasons 1 to 8 right now!

Jeremy Wade rocks!

I would love a more realistic diving experience.
As I've said many times, I want a boat I can drive, and have real deep sea fishing.
It could be for specific species like Marlin.

I would feel a little weird catching a whale (I still feel weird catching sharks and whale sharks)... and I still refuse to give them to Chip because it's so disturbing how he chomps it up so easily ><. However, I think it would be awesome to be able to see whales and other fish swimming around while diving!! Just like surfacing or something. I still wish we could actually go underwater when we dive u_u

I would feel a little weird catching a whale (I still feel weird catching sharks and whale sharks)... and I still refuse to give them to Chip because it's so disturbing how he chomps it up so easily ><. However, I think it would be awesome to be able to see whales and other fish swimming around while diving!! Just like surfacing or something. I still wish we could actually go underwater when we dive u_u

When I still needed the fish sets, I'd turn the sound off and look away.

Chip is gross, and nintendo shouldn't have animals eating other animals, in an animal friendly game. IMO.

Back