• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I painted Katrina and drew Tia, or my thoughts on Tia.

Jill

Bells
Switch
1478-2007-7414
Isabelle
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
October Birthstone (Opal)
Happy Home Designer Token
Orange (Fruit)
I was playing today (ofc) and realized I needed to paint her as a sort of motivational thing- that quote, about bad time and such. I realized I needed it (BAM! maybe I need to do Lyle next?).

26692959_10214906825374489_275406347_o.jpg

That was before I added the quote and I'm sorry- but I'm insanely proud of it. It's hanging over my cat's litter box now to remind me to cheer up about having to scoop the cat box eVERY SINGLE DAY. Remind me why we have 4 cats, again?

26695350_10214901641004883_987299974_o.jpg

That one, I don't necesssarily like how I set up my layers or the way my mayor looks. It was kinda a sloppy idea to begin with. But the thing I like most about it is the trees, oddly enough. I NEVER draw trees.

And these images are unrelated, I just didn't want to spam.

Very nice.
Especially Katrina! ^_^

Thank you! I'm seriously INSANELY proud of that painting. I haven't painted in a year. I'm debating painting all of my villagers/NPCs, or at least my favorites.

You did such a great job painting Katrina! c: I don't paint myself, so I find it so impressive when I see people who do. And I also love that quote you mentioned, lol.

i don't know a thing about using paints but katrina looks really good! she's such a cool character and deserves more attention, probably one of my favourite npcs (also omgg it's great that you hung it over your cats' litter box)

your mayor looks so sinister in a cute kind of way, and tia, as always, is just precious. the gradients you used for the background look good too!

The Katrina you painted looks really good! Also 4 cats? That's a lot of children to take care of...

---didn't realize that it wouldn't put my reply beneath the one I was replying too :( --

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow Katrina looks amazing! ;_____;

Thank you so much! She was a bit of a pain in the butt to do, andd I'm so glad you like her!

You did such a great job painting Katrina! c: I don't paint myself, so I find it so impressive when I see people who do. And I also love that quote you mentioned, lol.

I used to paint somewhat frequently, butt haven't in about a year. It's a touch of a pain in the butt. I only had white, brown, blue, yellow, white and gold, so I had to mix all of my own colors. Even something similar to black. Thank you!

i don't know a thing about using paints but katrina looks really good! she's such a cool character and deserves more attention, probably one of my favourite npcs (also omgg it's great that you hung it over your cats' litter box)

your mayor looks so sinister in a cute kind of way, and tia, as always, is just precious. the gradients you used for the background look good too!

Painting iss really fun! And actually really zen. I don't even know what really hit me yesterday but I walked into her tent and just had a moment of "I HAVE TO PAINT YOU'. I don't think it's totally done, either. I'm thinking off adding a light layer of glow-in-the-dark paint to her eyes and put that circle from the tent on the canvas around her. If I get around to it, it'll look awesome :D

I'm glad you liked my Tia one, too. That one was bit finnicky, because I've never drawn trees and I have issues drawing more than one figure in an image. :D

The Katrina you painted looks really good! Also 4 cats? That's a lot of children to take care of...

Thank you! And yep! Lots of babies in this house. Aside from the 4 cats, we have two dogs. Mine is a chihuahua who I've had for 7 years (8 in sepetember) and his is a lab/pit mix puppy that's probably nearing a year old. We would have 5 kitties if I didn't stop my boyfriend from getting number 5.

Our newest kitty is a little long hair mix, that we got through sheer luck. A lady took the cat we were looking at right from under us.
The shelter people were like "That's pretty crappy... we have some that aren't on the floor yet if you want to look?". They took us back and showed us two VERY FUZZY brothers. One of them was a purr box, the other was standoffish. We took the purr box, but boyfriend tried to get both of them. Nah. I don't need 5 cats. Still, I kinda wish I had let him get 5, just because I started thinking about how that kitty may have felt. On the other hand, maybe he wasn't meant to bee our cat and ours was. Goodness, I ramble :(

Last edited:
Back