Getting medals

kellyrx

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Anyone else finding getting enough medals to buy items on the island a drag lol, getting fed up already but really want the mermaid chair and wallpaper :(

Anyone else finding getting enough medals to buy items on the island a drag lol, getting fed up already but really want the mermaid chair and wallpaper :(

I LOVE earning medals.
There are so many fun tours.

Just have fun and don't keep counting them, and they will build up quickly.

The Tuna Kahuna, and Giant Dragonfly tours award 20 medals for gold.

Plenty of others award 15 medals, like the 'Elite Scavenger Hunt'.

Just find one with an activity you like.
You must like fishing or bug hunting?
I mean, it's AC, that's one of the best parts of the game. ^_^

The scavenger hunt is probably the best for medals, I think you get 16 if I remember correctly. There is a guide online too, it shows you all 6 room layouts and what items are in them.

The scavenger hunt is probably the best for medals, I think you get 16 if I remember correctly. There is a guide online too, it shows you all 6 room layouts and what items are in them.

Yep, 16!
I love it too, because I know all the items like the back of my hand, from WW. ^_^

i have like 1251 medals as of now ( i do have the silver medal badge for quite some time )
i hate so many of the tour...
i hate so many of them, it's not even funny anymore.
i have 2500+ somewhere medals.

i know the elite scavenger hunt gives 16 medals which is neat.
and i know that dragonfly one, and the tuna one gives like 20 which is even better.

but so many of them are just so tedious or not worth trying to get gold.

i really hope i get the gold badge at the end of February...
i planned ( form January 1st ) that i win at least 50 medals a day.

thinking i have 2500 exactly medals, with winning exactly 50 medals a day with 59 days i'd get 2950.
i probably have gold in mid February, so i cant wait

All scavenger hunts!

When I see them on the list - I have to go on a few!

Otherwise any of the games that are fun to you - go for it!

obtaining the mermaid series was difficult because i didn't know which tours gave the most medals, but this guide (link) helped me a lot! like others said, the scavenger hunt gives you 16 medals and is pretty easy, but you may find the 20 medal tours easier. i only went on the spider crab diving tour (out of the three 20 medal tours) but i personally found it irritating haha

I enjoy the fossil, labyrinth, ore, scavenger hunt, and item matching tours! I have a couple hundred medals because I do those every time I see them. :D My advice is to find a tour type that you like and just play that. I'm not sure how you unlock the elite tours, but you definitely want to do so as you get more medals for finishing elite tours than beginner or official ones.

I like the Elite Scavenger Hunt. It's a quick tour that can be done in under 3 minutes. Elite Ore is another good one.
I like the Giant Dragonfly when I play in groups. Get 1st place and you can get bonus medals. Playing with others and trying new tours is helpful. Not so boring when you play with others that want to earn medals.

Sometimes I sent one of my other towns over when I have the scavenger hunt. Open the list for a player and than the other gets all 6 items. Both get 16 medals.

I like the Elite Scavenger Hunt.
Sometimes I sent one of my other towns over when I have the scavenger hunt. Open the list for a player and than the other gets all 6 items. Both get 16 medals.

Hadn't thought of doing that! Good one. I think I tried the easy balloon bet 2 of my games, I was hopeless! But I can see that the scavenger could work, with one player collecting all 6 items - I'll definitely give it a go.

My 2 favourite tours are giant dragonfly & bug hide & seek - the latter is easy, relaxing, albeit slow (7 mins can't shorten, but collect fruit) with 15 medals.

I don?t really mind but I only tend to go and get medals if I?m really bored and there?s nothing much else to do

Back