• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

help?..

AngelBunny

Tangled Fangirl
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Love Ball
White Cosmos
Ruby
Pink Hybrid Lily
Peach (Fruit)
Sakura Easter Egg
so im thinking of buying another copy of acnl soon and am having a hard time deciding on theme, so here are my choices,

cycling town: i really need tbt right now and would think this would be fun! however i need to do this on another 3ds with a whole new cartage... so im thinking of doing this on my brother's 3ds but i dont visit him a ton so i may miss a moving out day :( plus he has a copy of acnl and i dont know if he is picky over villagers

warrior cats town: i like the books and think this could get really fun! however i will have to do a LOT of map searching, plot resetting ect, plus i have no idea what to do with the dens/houses, but the main reason i stated this is because there are 5 rooms in each house so maybe if i dont fully upgrade the houses? and i think it will be fun developing a "twoleg place " "thunderpaths " ect

pokemon themed town: again another fandom based town, it would be intresting developing a pokemon town, however i am VERY lazy and it may turn out to be not quite what iim hoping for

pure bunny town: i LOVE bunnies and love most of the bunny villagers, however i dont think this is gonna be very easy and its just gonna be another all-female town

so... what are your comments/thoughts? and what town would you do for?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what warrior cats is, but it sounds like a fun and original idea, so I like that one. A cycling town could be nice for some tbt, but as you said, you would have to use another 3ds that you don't always have access to.

All one species towns are fun too, I have an all cat town and it's pretty cute. Just make sure with bunnies there is someone you like for a balanced amount of personalities.

Why would you need another 3DS for a cycling town? It seems like you would just need another cartridge. If you were planning to sell amiibo villagers and don't have a compatible 3DS, then it's not impossible to find the NFC reader and it would probably be cheaper than a new system. That's assuming you have the amiibo cards you'd want to offer, because that is where things would be getting expensive. The card packs are harder to find nowadays, it comes down to random chance what cards you pull from a pack, and buying individual amiibo cards online can be ridiculous depending on the villager in question. I feel like even an ordinary, non-amiibo cycling town is good though.

Of all of those I'd recommend the cycling town, which you could even restart at a later date if you earned enough bells and wanted to change things up, mostly because I don't know what Warrior Cats is and because I feel like a Pokemon town would be stretching it as I kinda doubt there are enough villagers that really resemble Pokemon to make it fulfilling.

After the cycling town I'd say go with Warrior Cats if you like it that much. After that, it's a toss-up because I like the idea of an all-rabbit town (I have an all-bird species town) but you said it would end up just all females and it feels like that's been done a lot.

I personally would recommend a cycling town. I have my own, though not in regular use anymore. This kind of town has dual functionality: it can be used as a storage town, and can also be used to cycle villagers to earn TBT on the site. I personally feel that it is more versatile, and if you ever get tired of cycling you can always turn it into your dream town.

I kinda like the idea of a Warrior cats town. It's been years since I read the books, but I seem to remember they all had four Clans so you could have a player character each leading a Clan, and landscape your town to match their territories. :D

I currently have an all-bunny town, and it's easily my favorite! With the exception of...three villagers? It's all female, which is kind of a bummer if you like having a more even number of male-female villagers. But if you don't mind having more than one lazy, you could remedy that.

I also currently have two towns based around books/book series, and a Warrior Cats town (even though I've never heard of Warrior Cats) sounds like it could be a lot fun, too.

I think the cycling town would be the most practical, but I think the all bunny town would be super cute! :D I had several ducks in my town (Pate, Derwin, Molly, and I used to have Gloria) and honestly they were super cute! ^-^

Back