• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you like the idea of farming on Animal Crossing?

thisistian

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pear (Fruit)
White Rose
e.g. being able to grow crops and sell them for IGB - what do you think about this? So like in Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley

I've always wanted this.
Not just to sell, but a pumpkin patch would look awesome.
Tomato bushes, etc, would be fantastic. ^_^

I feel like I've got enough farming-type activity just growing orchards and breeding flowers. I do wish they'd bring back that red turnip thing though.

That'd be super cool! Imagine trading seeds and such with your villagers as well, and maybe a npc for farming stuff? Like Joan and Saharah, have a npc that comes by once a week and sells seeds or they can buy your crops? I'd like more agriculture in the game, it'd be pretty fun imo.

I used to play some of the Harvest Moon games and I found the farming aspect really nice and relaxing, so it would be a great feature to add into Animal Crossing :D ~

I just wish we had more fruits and things... but I've always wished we could grow vines on buildings like this cucumber things on the island.

I'm sick of fruit, to be honest.

Bring on the vegetables - and cooking! ^_^

I would love to see farming in AC. I've played Harvest Moon and always liked the farming part of it.

Absolutely would love to have farming! I have had many big vegetable gardens irl, but no more energy for one now. One in my games would be terrific. I have even entertained the idea of getting Harvest Moon: A New Beginning for my DS, but probably won't. Going on my third town soon...

I personally don't like the idea of farming unless the map in the next game is far bigger or there is a section off to the side of the town like the RV Campground where it can take place. My love of pumpkins betrays me. While they're at it, if they implemented this, we should be able to harvest berries from shrubs, flowers from bushes, and grapes from vines.

I personally don't like the idea of farming unless the map in the next game is far bigger or there is a section off to the side of the town like the RV Campground where it can take place. My love of pumpkins betrays me. While they're at it, if they implemented this, we should be able to harvest berries from shrubs, flowers from bushes, and grapes from vines.

I agree with all this! An area like the campground or mainstreet specifically dedicated to this would be nice. I think having a pumpkin patch or garden, etc. might look cute next to a farmer type player's house, but I can see how that would make the map really cluttered and hard to customise. So and off section for this kind of thing might be nice. I always wanted to harvest from shrubs too. I'd be happy either way if they add it or not in the new game. As long as it's a feature that can be kinda ignored if you don't want to do it daily.

I?m in favor for ?Farming Lite? - mechanics similar to planting fruit, not too many rules.

I would love to see a Old Macdonald Farmer NPC character - maybe a Farmer Dog?

I'm sick of fruit, to be honest.

Bring on the vegetables - and cooking! ^_^

Aw, man, if New Leaf had an actual cooking function along with that farming idea, it'd make my life. I'm serious, I'd have so much fun with it!
C'mon Nintendo!

Aw, man, if New Leaf had an actual cooking function along with that farming idea, it'd make my life. I'm serious, I'd have so much fun with it!
C'mon Nintendo!

I had Cooking Mama years ago on DS.
It would be awesome.

That's one task I WOULD do for the villagers.
Cook them a meal. ^_^

I'd be okay with this if it's kept simple and not as time consuming as growing hybrids.I'd also like to see some farming PWPs to go along with this: traditional red barn,old tractor/pickup truck,haystack/hay bales,silo,weather vane.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I would also love to be able to cook in my house. My animal crossing house is always so lovely, I hate seeing it all not really having a function :(

Back