What was the name of your first Animal Crossing town?

Ugh I didn’t understand the game properly when i first got it cause I was a lot younger (WW days) and my first town was called Home cause Kapp’n asked where I wanted to go an I was just like “yea .. home” ffs lol

That's.... actually really cute.

My first town's name was Fungus, on the GameCube. I'm not really sure what I was going for. It's not a bad name, it's just kinda... meh.

First town was "!!!!!!!" or whatever the character limit was in the Gamecube version. The reason for this was because when we first got the game our only GC controller was screwed up and would sometimes be stuck going downward and to the right. So I just pressed on the character it got stuck on a bunch of times, which was the exclamation point haha (when we said the name outloud we called it "Caution Caution Caution", yeah idk). My character's name was two dog-head symbols put together because I quickly pressed them before the cursor could finish getting stuck in the corner of the menu. I called him doghead-doghead lmao my sister occasionally tried to refer to him as "double doghead" which just wasn't as catchy >:/

Ugh I didn?t understand the game properly when i first got it cause I was a lot younger (WW days) and my first town was called Home cause Kapp?n asked where I wanted to go an I was just like ?yea .. home? ffs lol

Lmao, (pretty much) same story here, I was a lot younger when I got AC:WW, my town was called "my house". I actually started to like it as time passed. :p

I remember that I named my town "Nome" after a small town in Alaska. (I would name everything after things I was obsessed with. yikes!) I realized that it makes me really nostalgic. :0

I can't remember exactly what but it had to do with LOZ. I think it was actually Zelda because I thought Hyrule was too original. This was back in WW.

Last edited:
I wasn't awfully creative first time round, so I just put my WW town name as 'Town' although it didn't turn out half bad
'You'll love it here in Town'
'Welcome to Town Post Office'
'Do you like Town?'
I mean all the NPC questions that involved the towns name still made sense so thats good.

I don't really remember, the first town I made was on my friend's 3DS XL (I think that was what it was called) and she let me name it... oh yeah, it was "Riverdal", named after the show, but there wasn't enough room for the 'e' at the end. My poor friend was forced to have her town named Riverdal. Poor girl.

My first town name was "P?rigueux", it's a French city and I named it like that because I was actually going to P?rigueux and I was like..omg how does that frog knows I'm going somewhere.
So yeah I totally didn't understand the point of town naming I guess.

And when I thought I couldn't do worst, my first town on CF was named hohi. I have no idea why.

my first town was called "don't know." This was because rover asked me what town I was going to and I didn't understand, so I said "don't know." deleted the town a few months after.

If I remember correctly, my first town, which was back then in Wild World, was called Redford.
Don't know how I came up with this name, but I liked it.

I think mine was London... so common :') and then my LGTTC was 'Gotchi' don't even ask I don't know what I was thinking :')

Honestly, my first town was called ?My sims? and it was super embarrassing. That name makes me cringe just looking at it. What was I thinking?

Oh gosh. Please Like this if you read it and got a good laugh.

My first town was Animal Crossing for the GameCube, and honestly I had no clue what I was getting into but my parents bought me this game and I was excited to play! (turns out I love everything about Animal Crossing) Now to give you a better picture... I cant remember how old I was but I was younger than 8 years old that's for sure. (probably 6-7) Anyways, I was talking to rover, not understanding what I was talking about and was too impatient to read, then all of the sudden i'm looking at a keyboard and they are asking for me to type...

My first towns name was sdfl .... and i loved it. I named my Wild World town the same name.

Last edited:
I named my very first town New Bark. It was a reference to the town in the Johto Pok?mon region.

Oh gosh. Please Like this if you read it and got a good laugh.

My first town was Animal Crossing for the GameCube, and honestly I had no clue what I was getting into but my parents bought me this game and I was excited to play! (turns out I love everything about Animal Crossing) Now to give you a better picture... I cant remember how old I was but I was younger than 8 years old that's for sure. (probably 6-7) Anyways, I was talking to rover, not understanding what I was talking about and was too impatient to read, then all of the sudden i'm looking at a keyboard and they are asking for me to type...

My first towns name was sdfl .... and i loved it. I named my Wild World town the same name.

Laughing because that is EXACTLY how my town name started.

My first town in Wild World was called Totton, because that was the name of the town I lived in and I clearly wasn't feeling very creative!

Back