• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How do you deal with a heartbreak?

staticistic1114

im hungry
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7521-8693-4801
Red Candy
I haven't posted in ages so like thought I'd start a thread lol

Assume someone dumped or rejected you and you really love them, how do you deal with it?

Totally not asking for myself and thanks

You think over and over of all the mean or crappy things they've done until you're angry, then you hold onto that anger and try to blame them completely for what happened. Talk crap about them to your family and friends (but like, only the people who don't really know them anyway and they aren't their friends or anything). Don't include the things that might be your fault, don't think about how you might have done wrong, just make it totally about them. And believe what you say.

And then even though you're still sad, hopefully you're angry too and that takes the edge off of it. And you try not to think about it and go on with your life. And one day you realize that even though you're still sad, you actually don't care that much anymore about what happened. And then slowly you can stop being sad, and it becomes part of the past.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You think over and over of all the mean or crappy things they've done until you're angry, then you hold onto that anger and try to blame them completely for what happened. Talk crap about them to your family and friends (but like, only the people who don't really know them anyway and they aren't their friends or anything). Don't include the things that might be your fault, don't think about how you might have done wrong, just make it totally about them. And believe what you say.

And then even though you're still sad, hopefully you're angry too and that takes the edge off of it. And you try not to think about it and go on with your life. And one day you realize that even though you're still sad, you actually don't care that much anymore about what happened. And then slowly you can stop being sad, and it becomes part of the past.

I tend to drown my feelings with food. I‘m not sure if it‘s healthy (actually, I‘m pretty sure it‘s not, haha... orz), but feeling nauseated usually prevents you from feeling much else, which is a win in my book.

I only had one heartbreak in my life. To be honest, the way I got over it was I changed. I became a different person. I let it get to me. Then I became far more self-centered and I changed the way that I viewed romantic relationships and how I go about trying to establish a romantic relationship. I have felt a lot better since

Last edited:
eat food. I always eat food

I've never experienced heartbreak (in a romantic sense at least) and I really commend anyone who has been in love and truly had their heart broken, I couldn't see myself coming back from something like that.

Do some positive things for you, self care is really important when healing from a heartbreak! And always listening to "break up" music is a good way to get those bad feelings. Rejazz by Regina Spektor is my #1 fave, all about getting over a heart break and I sang it and listened to it a million times when dealing with a breakup. "Thought I'd cry for you forever, but I couldn't, so I didn't. People's children die and they don't even cry forever. Thought I'd see your face in my mind for all time, but I don't even remember what your ears look like."

I had a girlfriend in 2016 and she cheated, so we broke up. I was so broken hearted, so much so that I attempted suicide and was lucky to live and tell the tale (according to the doctors). How I dealt with it was try to find someone else to alleviate the heartache, but that never worked. I just got over it one day -- not sure how, but I did. Almost as if it were overnight. Crazy. Then I became literally obsessed with a girl who was dating me, and then she broke up with me because I was so mentally ill, which made me go absolutely crazy with sadness (as I was already depressed because it was winter). I didn't self-harm or anything, but it hurt a lot. Then all of a sudden a couple of months later, I got over it. It's weird how I just seemingly get over heartbreak in a matter of a few nights.
I'm hoping to never fall in love again lmao.

back in 2016, my boyfriend who broke up with me was very afraid of doing so because i was very very unstable at the time
he did and well i hurt myself a lot and i thought i was not worth it to anyone
but its okay
i guess ive bettered myself over it and ive kept my emotions more in check
the relationship really wasnt worth anything though, definitely better off as friends, it didnt last very long either

go out and do something helps the most.

Hmm same here.
I’ve never been in a situation like this, but normally I just spend some time with family and friends. They always comfort me.

So if my broken heart were from a breakup... honestly I'm pretty hard-headed and extremely selective, so if someone broke up with me I would either know the reason why or try to figure it out. If the other tells me why they broke up with me, I would respect their decision and remain friends with them. If they were just being a jerk about it then they're not worth my time anyways.

I couod actually easily see myself being the person who initiates the breakup ^^"

I've never been in a romantic relationship, but I had my heart broken when I was (meanly) rejected by someone I was in love with and who I did everything for. Honestly I think time is the best medicine. After a breakup you may be so sad you don't even know how to go on, but eventually the pain will just lessen. It took me a couple of months, but if it takes longer that's ok too.
I also think it helps if you can find something else to occupy your mind, whether it be hanging out with friends, taking up a new hobby, getting into a video game, etc. Something that you can look forward to every day.
Another thing I personally recommend doing whenever something negative like that happens is changing some small things about your life. Change your phone wallpaper, style your hear differently, get some new clothes, change your TBT avatar, etc. Sometimes it helps to feel like you're getting a fresh start.

cant relate but i dont think id care because theres more to life than romance

ive always been the one breaking up with the other and sometimes i feel a bit guilty. one time though i was cheated on and although i expected it, i didnt handle it well at all. i didnt love him and i didnt love him for a while before he even did so. i was treated badly most of the time and i let it happen for over a year, so i'd say i was very disappointed in myself for not doing anything sooner

Last edited:
Back