• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you an introvert or extrovert?

I am both. I grew up homeschooled so people are often surprised by how extroverted I can be. At work and when going out, I tend to strike up conversations with everyone. I can be very sarcastic with people at work (in a playful way) and I'm always making jokes with guests. I've worked at a movie theater, Disney, and currently am employed at Universal, so you're kinda forced to be extroverted lmao but I love it. x)
However, I do have my introverted side.. I've never been to a party or gone out to a club or bar like most people I know, and that sort of comes from the homeschooled side of me. I was never exposed to that "scene" at a young age so I don't really have any desire for it at the moment. ;> Large gatherings/big crowds aren't my thing.

Introvert. I don't really give a lot of options,interest or talk in general as I find it hard to find words to describe. However a conversation via text/message helps me to get my words delivered. (actually no, both methods gives me anxiety :( )

Last edited:
Ambivert. I love talking to people, even new people. Although I can be a bit awkward with new people. I also prefer spending time with myself unless it's someone's company that I enjoy.

i am definitely very extroverted when i'm playing a game with my bf or other friends, but introverted in every other way

introvert. I think most of us here are introverts anyways (maybe bordering on ambivert)

I can talk to people. That is, if it's not about the weather. Or someone's new shoes. Or just small talk in general. You gotta start the conversation and question life and the reasons for human existence for me to not make things completely awkward. I only really connect with people with interests like mine (art, video games, philosophical thinking) and generally stay away from others who actually go outside to do things or hang out with real life people.

Extrovert.
Although sometimes I do just love being alone.
But if I’m alone for too long I get so down and have to reach out and communicate with someone!

50/50 I guess. Depends on my mood. I've gone months without leaving my house before and I've gone months where I'm only home to sleep. I love being around people and going to parties but I hate class discussion and talking to big groups of people. Maybe I'm just afraid of embarrassment in academic settings.

both. i get really shy around new people and i just tend to prefer to listen and no stay anything. after i get to know people though, i get insanely loud and obnoxious.
also i get really weird about closing off sometimes? like i'll just refuse to talk to my friends for hours sometimes, and it's no offense to them, but it's just i don't have the effort to speak. idk it's weird and idk why it happens

I get by pretty well on minimal social interaction (plus, I don't really feel lonely per se - unless it's like the isolation of a new place or something). Buuut I get really enthusiastic and talkative around introverted people (or people who are less talkative than I am). Sometimes I feel like I'm interrogating them lol

introvert. I think most of us here are introverts anyways (maybe bordering on ambivert)

I can talk to people. That is, if it's not about the weather. Or someone's new shoes. Or just small talk in general. You gotta start the conversation and question life and the reasons for human existence for me to not make things completely awkward. I only really connect with people with interests like mine (art, video games, philosophical thinking) and generally stay away from others who actually go outside to do things or hang out with real life people.

Well that explains a lot about your attitude towards me, doesn't it? Anyways, I get where your coming from though, but I often do find myself wanting to not crave social attention. Conversating comes naturally to me. Public speeches are no sweat. I don't feel drained going to social events (I still don't care for them). I just can't turn off my button to not want to socialize, introverts often don't understand the struggles of extroverts. (I'm pretty sure it goes the same way for how extroverts don't know the struggles of introverts, however, the inter web is where most introverts lie, so extroverts kinda get overlooked in forums or such.)

Now, let me just flatly answer the question. Yes, I'm an extrovert. I consider myself a isolated extrovert, however, as I often find dealing with "certain" people a drag. Let me phrase that more clearly. I don't like dealing with irrelevant, shallow stuff that a plethora of people often advocate. I might be a little biased, but that's how I see it.

Consequently (or not), I like socializing. Not, "oh let's talk all the time about petty stuff". It's deep, real, meaningful stories that I expel out of my mouth. I talked to a person for 3 hours straight about our experiences in life, and I enjoyed every second of it. I despise people who waste my time trying to start a conversation with "Hey! Did you know this person is gay?". This actually happened to me before and internally I was thinking "What am I supposed to respond with?". I ended up scolding the person...

Anyways, because I don't have a very involved social life, I often go a little nutty trying to quench my extroverted side. I just want some kind of interaction. It drains me to be cooped up. Typically, I find introverted people more interesting. They just seem to have a little more insight on things and they actually don't spit out meaningless things for the most part (I have met a few obscene introverts).

Yeah, sorry I went on a little ramble, I just really wanted to express my ideologies about this. Honestly, there's only like few other people claiming to be an extrovert, and it feels like that I can express my own self more vividly here. (Self-proclaimed amibiverts don't count because technically, I have experiences "introversion", but I don't say that fall under the ambiversion umbrella)

Last edited:
Extrovert to the MAX!

I easily get along with people/can make friends with strangers in a matter of minutes. I'm exuberant and bubbly, very energetic but not bouncing off the walls energetic, I always am smiling and very content with everything that happens. I love to be the center of attention or the life of the party. I don't have a filter so small talk isn't really an issue for me, if something happens randomly and I feel like talking about it I'll just tell the person I'm talking to (ex. yesterday I went to the store to buy Oreos and since the road conditions were bad I told one of my friends how I almost got hit 3 times while driving).

Definitely an introvert. The most introvert there could be, I get anxious about making eye contact and feel like running away when someone new is talking to me (which is embarrassing quite often). Social situations exhaust me and I need a lot of my own peace to recharge.
Even though I'm generally unsociable and prefer to be alone, I do tend to open up when I'm comfortable around a person - my friends have probably noticed it as I can get quite loud and obnoxious while I'm with good friends. :D Not every time though but sometimes.

Back